I Want to Be With You

"What'd you get for number three on Mrs. Finch's homework?" Liam asked, turning over on his side to look at Aspen.

They were currently at Aspen's house, where Aspen was fixing some of the things back into their place after bringing them to Malia's house with her. She smiled back at him.

"That homework was due last week," she chastised gently, "But the answer is.." She leaned over him, looking over his shoulder at the book laying on the bed. "Nucleotides."

Liam thanked her with a quick kiss on the corner of her mouth and Aspen went back to her desk, pinning up her picture of herself and Liam last summer. She smiled at the picture, nostalgia washing over her.

"How're you and Hayden?" Liam asked, twirling his pencil in between his index finger and thumb. Aspen let her back rest against the edge of her desk as she turned around to look at him. "Good I guess," she replied nonchalantly, "I haven't really talked to her in a-"

The door flung open, revealing Hayden and Mason with alcohol resting in their arms. Mason held a bottle up.

"Who's ready to have a major hangover?"

-/-

No one really thought about the fact that none of them could actually get drunk, excluding Mason. A few hours of watching Drunk Mason prance around, they all fell asleep in Aspen's room. Hayden curled up in the arm chair, Aspen and Liam tangled up in her comforter, but Mason was no where to be seen. When Aspen woke up to the sound of her phone blaring Star Wars music, she figured he had just gone home.

Aspen removed Liam's arm, hearing him whine softly as she stood and answered the phone. "Stiles its three in the morning-"

"Tell Liam to put his clothes back on and come outside. We need your help," Stiles said bluntly. Aspen blushed at what he was implying, but didn't argue. "I-I.. Yeah. We'll be out in a minute," she stammered, looking out her window to see Stiles' blue jeep waiting.

Aspen heard the beep of the line disconnecting as Liam sat up in the bed, blinking and yawning. "What's up?" he asked. Aspen picked his jacket off of the floor and pulled it over her tank top, hugging it tightly to her chest.

"Stiles needs us. He's outside," she told him, shaking Hayden's shoulder softly. She murmured incoherently and opened her eyes, swallowing. "H, we gotta go," she said softly, "We'll be right back."

"Mm-hmm.."

Aspen grinned at her friend and turned to face Liam, now with his shoes on.

"Let's go."

-/-

"He's headed to the school," Aspen noted, poking her head in between Scott and Stiles' seats. Liam frowned. "Why's Parrish headed to the school?"

"It's not Parrish," Scott said, "At least not right now."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Okay, why's a Hellhound going to the school?" Stiles sighed, and muttered sarcastically, "Cause he's got a yearning for higher education. Liam, Hellhound's at the school, so we're going to the school, okay?"

Aspen snorted and leaned back into the seat as they pulled up to the school, clambering put of the Jeep. Amongst their attempts at being stealthy, Liam accidentally slammed the door unexpectedly loudly. He cringed when they turned to glare at him. "Sorry.."

They continued along the school campus, the silence eerie, and Aspen linked her fingers with Liam's for reassurance.

They met Argent around one of the corners toward the bus lot. "Where's Parrish?" Scott asked. "I lost him," Chris replied, "He's moving too fast."