The Man of Gevaudan

"They called him Der Soldat," Theo told them, looking up at the large, empty tank. "That's German for-"

"The soldier," Aspen deadpanned. Scott and Liam glanced at her, unaware that she even knew a little German, but she kept her eyes on Theo. Theo's eyes twinkled as he turned his head to her.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II. And he was a Nazi," he commented, "And an alpha werewolf."

He turned to them completely, and Liam was suddenly very subconscious as to how he was looking at Aspen. The blonde girl had her arms crossed over the army jacket she was wearing, her light hair falling into her face. She seemed closed off, no emotion on her face.

Yet there was plenty on Theo's. His green eyes were full of lust and Liam wanted to punch him in the face.

"The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades," Theo continued, "Actually, probably longer."

Aspen looked around, along with Scott, who asked, "How old are these guys?"

Theo shrugged. "Who knows? But wherever they go, he goes too."

Aspen rolled her eyes, fed up with the story-telling. "So how do we find him?"

"Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions," Theo replied, "There's got to be a power source, it has to be underground-"

"And on a telluric current," Aspen guessed, pulling the map out of her pocket. She handed in cautiously to Theo, who looked it over for a second.

"Looks like we're going for a hike."

-/-

The four of them, Aspen, Liam, Scott, and Theo, made their way onto the Beacon Hills Preserve, looking for the place where they would hopefully find Mason.

Scott caught up to Theo, leaving Aspen and Liam uncomfortably behind them.

"Where is he?" Scott asked. Theo held his arms out. "I thought we were looking for him."

Scott narrowed his eyes. "You know who I'm talking about."

"Deucalion?"

"You shouldn't trust him," Scott told him. Theo gave him a look. "And you're the ones that let him live..."

"We're not murderers," Scott spat.

"You sure about that?" Theo said, glancing behind him at the blonde girl. Scott's eyebrows furrowed and he followed his gaze to Aspen. Liam interrupted before he could say anything, however.

"We're close," he said. Scott turned to look at him. "Which way?" Liam's eyes locked on Theo, silently, not intending to let him follow.

"You think you're going to leave me behind?" Theo scoffed. Scott gave Liam a look. "Liam..."

"He wants to kill him."

"I want his power," Theo corrected, "If you want to fight someone who wants to kill Mason, go fight Parrish." Liam wasn't convinced.

"Who'd you see when you put on the mask?"

Theo sighed. "I already told you. It wasn't Mason."

Everything Has Changed [LIAM DUNBAR] #2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें