Real Busy

Aspen woke up the next morning to Hayden's voice from the door way.

"Should I come back later?"

She opened her eyes, spotting a surprised looking Hayden staring at her.

"You know," Hayden smirked, "When you're both fully clothed?"

The night before came rushing back to her and she blushed profusely, pulling nervously at the covers. "What do you want Hayden?"

"To talk to you," she replied cooly. Aspen swallowed, glancing at the sleeping, shirtless Liam beside her. "I'm a little busy at the moment."

"Oh it's obvious you've been busy. Real busy."

Aspen's cheeks reddened even more and she felt like gouging out her eyes and cussing her out at the same time.

"I cannot believe you just said that."

Hayden rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the door frame. "Are you here because you wanted to make fun of me, Hayden," Aspen snapped, "Or are we going to talk?"

Hayden was a little shocked at the harsh tone of her friend's voice, but hoped she covered it up, trying to keep a straight face. "I'll talk when your not half-naked."

Aspen flung off the sheets and stood, plucking Liam's shirt off of the floor and slipping it over her head, leaving her no longer in underwear and a bra. Hayden quickly avoided her eyes as she did this, looking at the floor, until Aspen's tan legs came into view.

"You wanted to talk?" she asked sharply, "Talk, or get out."

Hayden had no clue why Aspen was being so harsh, Aspen didn't really either, but she didn't like it.

"What happened?" Hayden asked, brow furrowing. "Yesterday you were saving my life, and now you won't even look at me."

Aspen looked up at her. "You chose Theo," she snapped, "That's what happened."

They stared each other down, blue eyes to brown, before Hayden huffed. "Fine." She turned and left Aspen with her frayed nerves.

Aspen closed the door with a shaky sigh, leaning against it and closing her eyes.

"Hey," Liam said, sitting up in the bed, "You okay?"

She opened her eyes. "How much did you hear?" Liam smiled softly at her. "Kind of hard to tune her out.. She's loud." Aspen snorted half-heartedly and made her way over to the vanity, looking at herself in the mirror.

Liam came up behind her and put his arms around her waist, pressing his mouth to her neck gently. She held his hand and he smiled against her skin. "I have to go."

She frowned at that, turning her head to look at him. "Why?"

"Scott needs to know they're alive," he told her.

She nodded, looking back at herself in the mirror, Liam's bare arms wrapped around her. Aspen sighed, squeezing his hands.

"I'm coming with you."

-/-

After they had both taken showers, Aspen drove to Scott's house, and got the key from underneath the potted plant on their doorstep (where the McCall's always kept a spare key) and they stepped inside. They stood awkwardly in the living room of the McCall household, until Scott came down, red duffel bag in hand. He stopped, staring at them.

"They're alive," Liam blurted, "I-I mean the chimeras. Some of them, not all of them.."

Scott nodded. "I know."