That's A Wolf

"Told you he was up to something," Stiles grinned, watching as Theo Raeken shut the trunk to his car, carrying a brown canvas bag. "We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom," Liam said, "He better be out here covering up some mass murder."

"Or meeting his Cheeto dealer," Aspen murmured, "How can one kid eat so many?" The two teens were currently crouched behind a bush, stalking the childhood friend, under the persuasion of Stiles.

"Let's find out," Stiles said, pushing himself off of the ground, beckoning Liam and Aspen after him.

They trudged on through the woods. Stiles asked, "Still got his scent?" Aspen pointed at the muddy footprints on the ground. "Don't need it."

Liam cursed. "What?" Stiles asked, "What's wrong?"

"I-i forgot," he muttered, "We were supposed to meet Mason at the school." Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay, why didn't you just tell him?"

Liam sighed. "Tell him what?" Stiles held his arms up, dropping them abruptly at his sides. "Anything?"

Aspen bit her lip. "We can't just tell him.. Anything.."

"Why not?"

"Because we.. We haven't told him everything," Liam stammered, holding his arms up. Stiles frowned. "Still? We said its okay."

"Yeah, I know," Liam told him, "But it's a.. A lot to accept."

"He watched my dad blow up a Berserker with a land mine," Stiles deadpanned, "I think the groundwork's been pretty throughly laid for 'acceptance.'" He surveyed their uneasy faces. "Scott and I have been through this, okay? More than once.. It's always better when they know."

"But what if he freaks out?" Aspen exclaimed, "What if he doesn't what to be friends anymore or.."

"Or what if he tries to stab me with something silver?" Liam jumped in. "Or maybe he-"

Aspen blinked at the sudden disappearance of her boyfriend and looked down. There he was, rubbing his head at the bottom of a hole. "Having fun?"

Stiles stomped over. "What the heck are you doing?"

Liam held his arms out with a face that said "you're an idiot". Stiles looked up, spotting Theo from a couple feet away. "There he is.. Stop screwing around and come on."

Aspen laughed and offered a hand to Liam, who just sprung up onto the grass instead. He smirked and she scoffed. "Show off.."

The two quickly caught up to Stiles, settling behind a bush again. "Try and get his scent," Stiles murmured. Liam closed his eyes and sniffed. "Get anything?"

Liam nodded. "Soap. It's nice. Smells good." Aspen elbowed him. "Not his soap, his emotional state." Stiles looked at him. "Chemo-signals, remember?"

Liam gave a small "oh" and nodded reassuringly, sniffing again, before frowning. "He's sad."

"Sad?" Stiles questioned. "Well.. Not just sad.. More like.. Grief."

"Grief?" Aspen scowled, looking at Stiles who had suddenly gotten a horrified look on his face.

"Oh my God," he hissed, "Go.. We have to go now." He grabbed her shoulder and pulled them away, cursing colorfully. "What? Why?" Liam stammered, being shoved as well. "That's the bridge where they found his sister," Stiles muttered. Aspen gasped and looked at Stiles, horrified. "The sister that died of exposure?"

Stiles nodded, biting his lip. "He was leaving a flower for her..." A wave of guilt washed over them. Liam frowned and glanced at him. "That doesn't sound evil.."