Double Cross

YO READ THE A/N AT THE END ITS SUPER IMPORTANT

-/-

"She's dying, Scott," Liam told the alpha, his voice shaking. He clutched onto Aspen harder. "She's not healing and she's dying-"

Aspen grasped his hand tightly. "I'm not dying Liam," she managed to hiss through clenched teeth, "It just... hurts." Her face contorted with pain and he looked up at Scott, who stood over them. His face was unreadable as he stared down at the young couple, something like a nostalgic aura emitting from him. Liam said his name again. "Scott."

Scott's head snapped up, his eyes lightened, and he felt his own hands start to shake. "I'll be fine," Aspen said, trying to sit up, but Liam pushed her back down, "It just didn't heal completely yet." They both glanced skeptically at her. "Its probably because I don't have a lot of energy right now. It'll be okay," she assured them, nodding.

Liam and Scott helped her up reluctantly, and Liam slipped an arm under hers, holding her up at the waist. Aspen limped along, grimacing, but she was pushing through. The healing had stopped the bleeding enough where her guts weren't spilling out, but something was missing. She had this deep, penetrating feeling of melancholy. Something was gone.

But they trekked on anyway, Liam holding tight to Aspen as they moved through the tunnel. A man hurled around the corner after them, and they jumped.

Aspen clutched her side, sighing in relief when she saw it was just Deucalion.

Yes, the Deucalion that had tried to kill Scott and his friends at the beginning of junior year. How many Deucalion's are there out there?

Aspen herself had never met him, but knew that he was on their side. Scott and the werewolf exchanged a few words before they continued on, following Theo's intricate scent.

They found him on the ground, with the beast retreating the other direction. Theo's crazed eyes landed on them. "You lied," he spat at Deucalion, "You and Scott..."

Deucalion grinned at him. "The whole time." Theo was panting, his chest heaving. "It would've never worked," he concluded, realization seeping in, "Even with Aspen's powers, it's wouldn't have worked." Deucalion shook his head. "It could've. With Belasko's talons."

Deucalion grasped Theo's head and twisted it sharply to the side, makings loud crack. He let his limp body drop to the ground before he stood to face the three teenagers again.

Theo gasped. "Y-you broke my neck," he managed to say through clenched teeth. "And good luck with that," Deucalion nodded, looking at Scott.

"There's an access grate that leads to the sublevel," he told them, "I think we can get to Lydia there." Scott nodded in response and Liam scowled. "What about Mason?"

Deucalion met his eyes for the first time. "We can still save your friend." Liam relaxed a little, and Scott beckoned them to follow before Theo could heal.

Suddenly, a gun shot snapped through the tunnel and Aspen yelped, watching Deucalion grip his abdomen. He doubled over and grunted, "This is just not my day."

"This is a surprising alliance, Scott," a gravelly voice spoke, and Aspen gripped harder onto Liam's arm. Gerard Argent stepped in front of his son, glaring at Deucalion on the ground. "How long have you been planning this little double cross?"

Chris cocked his shotgun and pointed it at his father's head. "About as long he and I have been planning this one," he said. Gerard's eyebrows creased together. "What are you doing?"

"I knew when I brought you back, it would never be about saving lives," Chris spat, "Only about immortalizing your own." Gerard pulled out his own gun and pointed at him. Chris didn't break eye contact with him, but said, "Scott, go." He tossed the pike they needed to kill the beast his way.