Murderer

The Beast was two hallways away from where Hayden had last heard it. Aspen was stealthily moving along the hallways, following the roars, when she finally found it, battling Scott.

There was a girl, dark haired, standing paralyzed in the corner. Just when Scott spotted her, he yelled out, "Aspen! Take her! Go!"

Scott was distracted long enough for the Beast to get a good swipe at his head, sending him sprawling into the lockers. Aspen made her way towards her friend as he got shakily to his feet, gritting his teeth. The Beast turned and ran the opposite way and Scott only glanced back for a second. "Aspen, go," he told her. A second later and he was sprinting away after the Beast.

Aspen moved to follow but the dark haired girl was pulling on her lacrosse jersey, tears running down her face. "Please," the girl no older than 13 begged, "Please don't leave me." She was sobbing uncontrollably, her shoulders shaking. Aspen was panicking; she couldn't just leave Scott alone to face the Beast. She took the girl's shoulders.

"Where's your mother?" she asked firmly. The girl was still in hysterics, not providing her with an answer. "G-go find your mom."

She was still tugging on Aspen's sleeves and Aspen tried to pry her away, moving to go help Scott. "No," she choked out, Scott's roar ringing through the halls again, "I-I have to help my friend."

"No!" the little girl screamed, her voice cracking with emotion, "Please don't leave me."

Aspen was frustrated now. Scott could've been dying and she would always be faced with the guilt of not being there. "Let- go!"

Something wasn't right in Aspen's head. She wasn't thinking clear enough when it happened. Silver light exploded from the palms of her hands and it felt as if a part of her was brutally ripped from her body.

Because the second that her hands connected with the girl's body was the moment that she ended a life.

The little girl was sent flying into the lockers, her body leaving a dent in them from the force. Aspen's body froze and she fell to her knees beside the small body immediately. Her fingers fumbled to feel for a pulse and she mumbled fervent curse words. "No.."

Aspen's heart froze when she realized just exactly what she had done.

This was somebody's daughter, someone's best friend, or sister. Someone loved this girl, she had a life, a future.

And Aspen had killed her.

-/-

Stiles was the one who had found her, in the bathroom, leaning against the sink and staring blankly into the mirror.

He had swung around the corner and sighed loudly. "Oh my God, Asp," he cursed underneath his breath, "Liam's going crazy looking for you."

She jumped out of her skin and turned to stare at him, wiping underneath her eyes quickly. She sniffed.

Stiles stepped towards her and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hey, you all right?" He put a gentle hand on her shoulder, feeling her flinch slightly. "Aspen?"

Aspen swallowed thickly and shrugged his hand off. "I, um.. Yeah, I'm fine."

Stiles was not oblivious to her jumpy actions, the blood on her fingertips, and the way she clenched her fists together to keep her hands from shaking. Yet, he nodded anyway.

"Come on, I think we can find Lia-"

Suddenly, Liam and Scott sped by, Liam stopping only to grip Aspen's hand and tug her along.

"Scott wait," Liam called, "Slow down. You're hurt." Scott continued to run into the parking lot, stopping only for a second to sniff. When he finally stopped, it was to open the trunk of a black car. He grunted with the effort, and Liam jumped to help him, but Aspen had backed away, eyes wide and horrified. She knew this car. Everything began to piece together in her head.

All the disappearances, the strange calls at three in the morning that she had never through much of, even the fact that he hadn't seemed to have a hangover after a night full of drinking. It was all so horrifying and not at all believable. It couldn't be. Unlikely, impossible, even. Yet it all fit together so perfectly. It couldn't be a coincidence. She knew who the Beast was.

"Scott? What are you doing in my car?"

Scott and Liam's heads snapped up to see Mason, completely bewildered. Scott blinked. "I-it's you."

Mason panicked. "W-what? What are you.. Aspen what is he talking about?" She swallowed thickly, blue eyes pooling with tears. "You.. You're.." Her voice cracked and she couldn't continue. Suddenly, Corey appeared from the side of the nearest car and glanced in between Mason and Scott.

"Wait, Corey," he called as Corey pulled Mason into him, "Corey wait!"

But they were already gone.

A/N:

HELLO.

It's been a literal millennia.

But hello.

So this was chapter was as short as a two year old compared to Jared Padeleki (idk spelling?) but I'm really trying to stretch out season 5b until 6 at least starts soooo... Maybe a little short hiatus 😬

I've been so stressed lately with school and junk but summer is about to start (HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD) and I'll be able to update more then :)

QUESTIONS FOR CHAP:

•How do you think what happened with the girl will effect Aspen? Her relationships with the pack? Stiles?

•What do you think I'll do to end this season, bc I've got some ideas, and none of them are good?

•DO YOU SHIP BRASPEN (Brett&Aspen) THASPEN (theo&aspen) OR STASPEN (stiles&aspen) MORE???

Adios mi amigos