Real Power

-/-

-/-

"Lydia," Melissa said, uncapping the large needle she was holding, "This is just gonna have to be between us, since I can get fired for it. Aspen and Scott helped the strawberry blonde sit up, her eyes droopy. "It's a cortisone shot," Melissa continued, "It'll bring the inflammation down."

Lydia held her wrist out and Melissa winced. "Not there." She began to peel away the bandage on Lydia's throat.

Stiles groaned, clapping his hands. "Oh yeah, okay, I'm gonna need to leave." Aspen shook her head, grabbing his wrist. "No, you're gonna stay and hold her hand."

He huffed. "Okay fine, I'm not leaving, but I still might faint." Stiles carefully slipped his hand into Lydia's and Aspen half-smiled.

"Okay," Melissa said to herself, "Here we go..." Just as she was about to proceed, there was a loud thud as Liam hit the floor like someone had just screamed "Andy's coming!"

Aspen stared down at his fainted figure, rolling her eyes. Nerd.

She and Scott gathered him into the seat as Melissa and Stiles proceeded. "All right, Lydia," she said, "This is gonna hurt." Aspen couldn't watch, but heard Lydia's whimpers and maybe a few of Stiles' own.

Ten minutes later, they were dragging Lydia down the hall of the hospital, Liam's hand in Aspen's. Stiles looked back at Scott. "I'll get Malia." Scott nodded and started to pull something from his bag. "Here, take this."

He handed something wrapped tightly in a paper bag to Stiles. Aspen frowned over his shoulder. "What's that?"

"Something I've been working on for a while," Scott sighed. Stiles' eyebrows furrowed. "Is it Plan B?"

"It was Plan A."

Stiles shook his head. "Plan A never works." Scott gave him a look, his own hand gripping Lydia's wrist again.

"This one will."

-/-

Aspen was getting very tired of the tunnels.

There were dark and damp, and the puddles under their feet soaked into her sneakers, making her socks heavy with water. Liam stood beside her, Scott and Lydia ahead of them, when she saw his ears perk.

"What?" Aspen whispered. Liam scowled, his head turning to glance at her. "Did you hear that?" Aspen frowned, about to shake her head, when the faintest crackle met her ears. Electricity.

"I heard that," Lydia mumbled, her voice scratchy. Scott looked at her, sternly saying, "Lydia, save your voice."

Aspen was the first to see it. The flash of blue pricked the corner of her peripheral vision and she stared down at the water under their feet. Water, electricity...

"Lydia get out of the water!" Aspen shouted suddenly, shoving her away from the pools of water. A fiery hot wave of electricity washed over them all, excluding Lydia who stood safely to the side, and Aspen's body convulsed. The water channeled the electrical charge into them, making both werewolves and Aspen crumple to the ground.