Supernatural Things

To describe the rest of Aspen's night only takes one word- Chaotic.

First it was the weird interaction at the vending machine, and now Liam was telling her that some monster werewolf with LED claws was after Scott, looking to steal his alpha status. So the two dashed away to the high school (in the rain, she might add) to warn him, but they found Stiles and Malia there instead.

Aspen watched, helpless, as Malia shoved Liam to the damp pavement. He made a loud "oof" and Aspen yelped. "Oh my god," Stiles exclaimed. They reached down and pulled Liam to his feet, who was still slightly winded.

"Are you all right?" Aspen asked, holding onto his arm. Liam brushed her off, saying to Stiles and Malia, "Scott's in trouble."

The two teenagers eyes widened. "What?"

Liam explained the situation to them all and they were off in a matter of seconds.

Yet when they arrived, it seemed to be too late.

Scott was on his knees, the claws of the other werewolf buried in his chest. The four teenagers burst through a wall of falling rain under the bridge, only to screech to a stop. Aspen nearly tackled Stiles to the ground but managed to ground herself in the slippery converse.

Liam roared beside her, but Aspen put a hand on his forearm, watching as Scott slowly got back on his feet, the absence of his alpha eyes diminishing at once. There was a sickening crack and the wrist of LED Claws was broken, white bone poking through black blood splattered skin.

"I don't know who you are," Scott growled, "Or what you thought you were going to do, but I'll give you a choice." The werewolf glanced up at him. "You can stay, and I'll break something else.. Or you can run."

The werewolf's eyes travelled curiously at the small crowd that stood around him, settling on Stiles.

"I'd run."

With that little piece of advice from Stiles, the werewolf stumbled to his feet, gripping his wrist, and took off into the rain.

Kira and Scott turned swiftly toward them. Aspen was extremely excited to have the Yukimura back, but was more concerned with the strange boy approaching them. They all looked at him.

"You don't remember me, do you?" he had asked. Liam sized him up, putting a hand on Aspen's. Her fingers subconsciously closed around his, as the boy looked them over. "I guess I look a little different since fourth grade.."

Something clicked behind Scotts brown eyes. "Theo?"

Aspen glanced from Theo to Scott. "You know him?" Malia asked. Theo looked at her. "They used to."

"Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again," he told them, shrugging innocently, "Couple of months ago, I heard of an alpha in Beacon Hills. When I found out his name was Scott McCall.." Theo shook his head. "I just couldn't believe it. Not just an alpha, a true alpha."

"What do you want?" Stiles called, venom lacing his voice. Theo smiled at him. "I came back to Beacon Hills, back home with my family.."

"Because I want to be part of your pack."

<•>

Aspen slammed her locker shut, glaring at Mason. "Mason," she deadpanned, "I love you, but really, lose the nerd book."

He rolled his eyes, following her and Liam as they walked to their first period class. "But this is the one I was telling you about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany." He flipped through the pages, muttering under his breath, "Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it."