Do You Trust Me?

Aspen crept up behind Deputy Clarke's car, waiting a few seconds after she had entered the building, before slowly walking up to where Hayden had just gotten out of the car.

Hayden spun around suddenly and Aspen ducked just in time to avoid her flying fist. Hayden yelped. "Aspen?"

"Sorry!"

Hayden's chest heaved, heart still racing as she stared at her. "What are you doing here?"

Aspen looked awkwardly at the ground. "I-I sent you like.. A million texts messages, called you fourteen times, and left like, 12 voicemails."

Hayden nodded. "I saw."

"Y-you.. You saw?" Aspen asked, eyebrows furrowed, "How could you not tell me your were alive?"

Hayden rolled her eyes, biting down on her bottom lip. "Maybe because you left me for dead?"

Hurt flashed across Aspen's face and she tilted her chin down. "Y-you were dead, Hayden. There was nothing I could've done, to.. To bring you back or-"

"You need to leave," Hayden said quietly, looking at her shoes and holding onto her elbow. "Before I say something I might regret." Aspen swallowed, though her mouth was too dry anyway, and she frowned harder. "Hayde-"

A loud roar cut her off and her eyes landed on the communications towers, where she could only see two glowing eyes.

"What the heck is that?" Hayden screamed, while Aspen grabbed her wrist and yelled in response, "Run!"

Their fingers linked together as Hayden practically dragged Aspen, seeing as she had all the werewolf speed, and they heard Clarke scream, "Hayden, run!"

Hayden slowed for a millisecond, so Aspen could catch up, and looked back to where her sister was, seeing the large, shadowing creature instead. She froze.

"Hayden, come on!"

Aspen's voice broke her out of her horrified trance as she tugged on Hayden's hand.

"What is that thing?" Hayden asked as their feet hit the ground with loud thuds. "Aspen, what is that-"

"I don't know!" Aspen yelled in return, "Just run!"

They ran through the woods from the terrifying beast, Aspen losing Hayden's hand, until they scrambled to a stop at a drop off. Hayden measured the distance to the other side. "We have to jump."

"Are you mental?"

"We can make it- Come on!" Hayden pulled her back a few feet but Aspen jerked her hand away. "Hayden I'm not like you I can't-"

"Yes you can!" Hayden told her, "Now come on!"

Hayden ran towards the drop and Aspen had no choice but to follow, the monster on their tails.

The two girls sailed through the air, legs kicking as they crossed the pit, and when Hayden landed, she laughed. "See? I told you we'd-"

She stopped, spotting Aspen dangling from the edge, the only thing keeping her from falling being one hand clasped onto a rock. Hayden ran over to pull her back up, but the beast was on them, landing with a loud thud merely ten feet away.

Hayden was conflicted on what to do. Save her best friend and possibly die or save herself?

She didn't get the chance to decide, though she was almost sure (even ashamed for thinking it) that it wouldn't have been the latter. Aspen gripped her forearm. Hayden looked wide-eyed at her.