Love and Knowledge

My mind was still on overload mode so I decided to sit down, to calm my mind and my heart. Chad broke eye contact with me and walked to sit down next to me. He gingerly rubbed the side of his face, which had now turned a bright tomato red.

" You ok?" I asked pointlessly, I had just full on slapped the guy of course he wasn't " ok".

" Yeah fine" He lied, " It makes me feel slightly better that you can defend yourself" He smiled. Then added something that confirmed what I thought about him knowing too much.

" At least against humans"

" Chad, how did you...." I asked trailing off, leaving the sentence hanging in the warm fresh air.

" I did my research, hours and hours of it in fact, I knew his eyes and personer wern't human" He answered rubbing his hands down his trousers nervously.

" What did you find"

" Tylah, Deadly temptresses, evil of the ocean, cold people, sailor slayers... None of those really make  Sirens seem like lovely people to get to know.  "  The sarcasm was woven into his every word.

" Caspian's not like that" I said defensively.

" Tylah how long have you known me."

" Most of my life"

" How long have you known, him" He practically spat the word " Him"

" I get your point, only a few weeks but you don't understand he saved my life"

" But why was your life in danger in the first place Ty"

" You trying to get me to stay away from him isn't going to work. I'm in love with him Chad and theres nothing I can do about that"

" You love that monster?"

" Yes"

" Ok, but  what about Hunter, hes the reason I kept my mouth shut all those years, don't you still love him"

" I will always love Hunter but its not the same kind of love"

" Is it the kind of love you feel for me, the friendly love?"

I didn't know what to say, should I lie and tell him that when he kissed me I felt nothing and make worse an already bad situation or should I tell him the truth that I felt something but I didn't know how to explain it and it would only get his hopes up. So instead I said something that didn't answer or even acknowledge his question.

" I need to find Hunter"

" Why?" Chad asked, " Why now"

" Because something happened"

" Tylah can you stop covering up around me, I thought we agreed to always tell each other everything?"

" I'm pregnant"

I swear Chad almost fell out of the tree, his eyes turned to saucers and he looked down to stare at my stomach.

" Pr-pregnant?" He said questioningly.

" Yes"

" Wait you haven't.. you know,  with Caspian have you?" He asked slowly, still not moving his eyes.

" No never, its Hunters I'm positive" I said,

" Ok, so how do we find him"

" I don't know I just know that he promised he would stay in town so he'll be around"

" Lets find him then" Chad said and offered me a hand to stand up. His hands were a warm blanket on my scarred skin.

When I had stood up I didn't let him go but instead laced my fingers through his the way we used to do before any of this happened. It was a like my own little life raft when I could barely keep my head above the water... I think that pretty much summed up how I felt about Chad. He was keeping me afloat. The lion was defending his lamb.

When we got to town we were out of breath and my heart was kicking up a storm. I hadn't been into town for over a year excepting driving through to get to the beach. It was strange to see other people, real humans and seeing the shops, smelling the city smell. Gasoline and perfume mixing to create something that bit at my nose.

" How do you intend to find him in this" Chad questioned, gesturing to the general city.

" There was a certain neighbourhood that we always talked about living together in, its quite expensive but Its a place to start at least. " I replied.

" How are we getting there, I don't exactly have a heap of cash for a taxi?"

" We walk its only about twenty minutes from here "

" Ok, lets go"

We set off at a fast walk towards Collington, a suburb near the city that Hunter and I had discovered when we were twelve on a field trip. It was known for its fancy houses and huge estates but tucked in between these were a number of small homes that could easily be affordable to Hunter. There was one street in particular that we had liked so that's where we headed first. It was called Goodwill Boulevard.

We had liked the name when we were twelve so I hoped his memory was just as good.

When we got there the street was quite, the trees that grew over it had been tamed into growing like a natural tunnel over the road and this time of year they were just beginning to flower. The little houses all sat with their little gardens, perfectly maintained and bursting with life.

I walked up to the first house and knocked on the door, an old lady opened it and smiled vaguely at us.

" How can I help you?" She asked softly.

" Do you know if someone named Hunter Olson moved into this neighbourhood recently?" I asked.

" Nope its just the same people here, no one moves here" She said.

" Ok well thanks" I said quietly before turning to head down the drive again.

" Why don't  we ask the real estate people if they rented or sold a place to someone called Hunter?" Chad asked.

" You're a genius" I said louder then intended.

" I just wish I was more then that" He whispered, almost silently, I was sure I wasn't meant to hear so I didn't reply. I knew the nearest real estate office and we set off at a fast walk again.

A-N........ Heyy guys so I decided to keep going with this story because even though I have terrible writers block I want to continue plus I have plenty of free time too :) anyways I really hope you are enjoying this I CAN"T BELIEVE IT HAS 500 VEIWS... you guys are amazing. I love you guys to bits xxxxx