Prey and Predator.

I screamed as Ivy twisted against the wind, her talons shifted before, like grains of sand I fell through her talons. I felt the sting as her claws ripped through my clothes scratching my skin as the blood sprung from the gashes, then I looked down as the rock came up towards me increasingly fast. I squeezed my eyes shut as my body crashed into the Rock, my head was thrown back and I heard a crack which echoed through my whole body, blood boiled behind my eyes, a sickening grasping red and I choked on the rush of blood up my throat, I couldn't see, I couldn't think.
" Tylah!" Ivy screamed, reeling backwards to turn around but the wind caught her and in a flail of arms, legs, wings, and feathers she plummeted sharply downwards towards the storming waves.
" H-help" I choked out, spraying vivid red blood across the cracked ledge.
Cracked.
It suddenly dawned on me that with my fall I had cracked the ledge, cracks ran from where my head had hit to both edges of the ledge. I flung up a hand, grabbing helplessly at the dust and gravel on the  surface searching for something solid to grab hold of. The ledge shifted under me. I tried to scream but the words caught in my throat and I choked again. This time the blood practically flowed out of my mouth onto the stone.
Then the ledge broke away from the cliff.
I felt the drop in my stomach like someone had thrown me off a building. I grabbed at thin air until my hand connected with what was left of the ledge.
My arms were too weak, after bashing my head so hard there was no way my muscles would hold out. I could feel them weakening, cracking under the pressure, it felt like someone was tearing my arms off.
Something made a scuffling sound in front of my face, I pulled myself up so that I could see over the cracked rock.
Caspian was standing in the entrance, red eyes ablaze, hands curled into fists, mouth twisted into a grotesque grin, since I met him, through the near death experience, the fights and my torn up best friend, I had never feared Caspian. Now as he stood in front of me, I was terrified.
" No please" I pleaded, barely able to get the words out of my mouth.
Caspian just smiled at me, then he ran off the edge.
I saw him jump over my hands and plummet down towards the water before he shifted into a jet black eagle with blazing red eyes, I saw him twist around and fly upwards towards me. I couldn't move, couldn't run, I had to watch him get closer and closer, talons spread out, wings fighting the wind.
And then his face was inches from mine, his human face, his blonde hair falling gracefully, his eye so pure red, his cheeks flushed from the wind, his lips wrinkled at the corners as he smiled.
Then he grabbed my in his claws and pulled me away from the cliff. I saw it fall away above me as Caspian streamlined his body and sped towards the waves.
Just before we hit he spread his wings and slowed to a hover, then his claws receded and I was being held in soft strong hands. The sun was about to set, maybe I thought, maybe it was the last sunset I'd ever see. But even in the arms of a monster I felt like it was a life well lived.
Then we plunged into the water, I hit the water with a blinding force, the wind knocked out of me I struggled for air and managed one last breath before I fell under. I watched the light of the setting sun disappear under the waves. I felt the water engulfing me, choking me. The monster pulled on my arm, tugging me down deeper. Farther from my world and closer to the ocean floor. I looked around. The monster looked back at me. It smiled a humourless smile, a human smile. Its eyes lit up with laughter that I was unable to hear. I closed my eyes and fell deeper into nothingness.
The water washed around me, churning and dancing, I looked up and the top of the water was tinged gold, pink and purple, the sun was a blurred disc above the surface. I dared not to look down at where I was being taken, instead I watched the last glimpse of my world fade to black.
And as I sank I thought of someone.
Of a little boy, bruised and weak, hiding from the world, scared of the monsters inside his head and outside in the world. A world that was too big for such a small boy.
A boy who had visibly flinched when the little girl had spoken softly to him, trying to coax him out of the corner.
The boy who had held her hand as he led her through the woods, laughter mingling with the birdsong.
The boy who had sang her to sleep when the world got too much.
The boy who had struggled everyday and never complained, who had pretended he was fine so that she wouldn't worry, yet she always worried why his hands shook, his breath caught, his smile was weak.
A boy who held her as she cried when all he had said was that she was beautiful, he had known all her secrets, had trusted her with every trust a person can give.
A boy who stuck needles in his arms when she wasn't there for him and the world they had always hid from together came knocking.
A boy who had put his arms around her, held her close, kept her warm, made her feel safe, made her feel beautiful.
A boy who had kissed her like the world didn't matter, like reality didn't exist, warm and safe, comfort in the cold, like she meant the world to him.
A boy who meant the world to her.
The little girl thought of her prince, her hero, her knight...... her bruised little boy, and their bruised little life, as she drowned in the arms of a monster.
The broken woman thought of her broken man.
She thought of Chad

The End.

I'm sorry!!! But I wrote everything I wanted to and I'm Immensely proud of this book!! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)

But....... There will be a sequel, within the next week I will publish a new story called The Smile of a Broken Man.

I love you guys... Over and out
- Aine :p