Drugs and Needles.

I pulled off the blankets, the sun was already up which was a sure sign I was once again in trouble. Gina's bed was empty.She hadn't tried to wake me, great

. Hunter was waiting when I got down the stairs, he had obviously already eaten. I knew we had class in a about half an hour so I wolffed down a plateful of scrambled eggs. By the time I had finished Hunter was faking yawns as he waited for me. I dumped my plate in the sink, the eggs were rubbery and tasteless which was a sure sign something was going on within the orphanage. If there was gossip around the orphanage the cooks were the first to know. Mainly because everyone gossiped at meal times, but something had to be very wrong for kitchen to mess up a meal.

I walked over and entangled my fingers in his, his hands were warm like always. We walked over to our classroom and found our seats. I sat down in between a girl named Joy and a boy named Finn, Joy was nice but flirted with all the guys, Finn smelled disgusting, enough said.

So basically how the classes worked was anyone over ten was placed in the same class and all the others were split up into classes each containing two year groups. The first lesson was Science we sat down and got our stuff. Mr Kelinton introduced the lesson to be about atoms and immediatly I wanted to sleep. So since I was sitting at the back I lay my head on my arms and closed my eyes.

I woke up to Joy shaking me. She was smirking.

" What's going on?" I asked sleepily.

" Mr is mad at you" She said smiling.

" Perfect" I said dully. I tagged along with the last few things he said and then finally the bell went. But we wern't free yet and I settled in for another class.

By the time " school" was over, I was quite frankly over it as well.I quickly hurried up to my room and dumped my stuff. I planned to visit Chad after I had put my stuff away. So I put my stuff down the side of my bed and hurried over to the boys dormatries. Chad's room was at the top of a long flight of stairs and I was out of breath when I reached the top.

I pushed open the door and my heart stopped.

Chad was sat on his bed, In his hand he held a needle which was imbeded deep into his forearm. The needle was filled with a strange liquid. There was a vile on his bed labeled,

" HEROIN".

I wanted to scream. No sound would come out. Instead I ran across the room and pulled the needle out of his hand, thankfully he hadn't injected it yet. It flew across the room and shattered against the wall.

" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed at him. He just sat there his face was a mask of shock.

" CHAD" I yelled shaking him by his shoulders.

" WHAT" He exploded, he tried to smack me. I reeled back. I could feel the tears pricking my eyes. I couldn't believe he was doing that to himself.

" What were you thinking?" I asked trying to calm myself. I was shaking so much I couldn't keep my hands in one place.

" Its not your problem" He said coldly, turning away.

" Yes it is, your my bestfriend. Tell me why... Please" I begged.

" I don't know, I still haven't been able to get over what happened with my parents" He sighed, running a hand through his hair. Chad had arrived here at the age of twelve, he was taken from his old home by child protection services. He had suffered abuse since he was born. I won't go into detail but he had arrived at the orphanage covered in bruises and too shy to say a word. he had only been out of his house a few times so had never known strangers.

" So you do this?" I asked incredulously. " This stuff kills you!" I gestured at the smashed needle.

" I'm sorry, You don't get it" He said tears forming in his eyes.

" Get what?" I pressed.

" It's so addicting, its like a kind of freedom" He sighed, hs eyes were far away.

" But it will kill you Chad!" I half yelled.

" I'm so sorry Ty" He said, crying all out now. I pulled him in and hugged him tight. He rested his head on my shoulder and cried. I rubbed circles across his back.

" Chad?" I half asked.

" Yeah" he mumbled

" Promise me you'll stop.. I know it might take some work but please?" I begged.

" I promise" He said sincerly. I felt so releived, i was going to hold him to that. I had one more question.

" Where did you get that?" I asked him. I needed to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

" I've been sneaking out" He explained.

" Ok" I smiled. " I need to go, I love you. Please stay ok. " I said and hugged him goodbye.