The Lion and His Lamb

" Leave" I said softly to the early dawn sky.

" No" He said appearing just inches from my face outside the window. I balled my hand into a fist and brought it down squarely on Caspian's face, he stumbled back for a second before standing up straight and blinking in the early light.

" I deserved that" He said quietly.

" Yes, yes you did, how dare you?" I said spitefully jumping out the the window without looking back at the boys.

" Tylah I didn't mean too," He whispered, " Is he ok?"

" Yes, thanks to Irwin and Setas"

" Don't mention that things name he is pure evil"  He spat

" That thing  saved my best friends life after you tried to end it" I hissed.

" I said I'm sorry Tylah, what else do you want from me?"

" I want you to leave and never come back" I replied simply.

" I cant do that"

" Caspian listen to me, I never want to see you again"

" You think I meant to do that?"

" Yes!" I said frustrated, " You almost killed the most important person in m-" I tried to say but he cut in.

" The most important person...?" He said slowly.

Shit, I hadn't meant to say that, I didn't want to say that, I couldn't have meant it, could I?

" I didn't mean-"

" I heard you"

" I DIDN'T FUCKING MEAN IT" I yelled a little too loud, Eyre started to whimper.

Caspian just lent in and kissed me, his lips were hard on mine and demanded a response. I wriggled but his hands were on my arms and pulled me in closer, up against his body I could feel a strange kind of cold heat. I struggled backwards breaking away from his face. His eyes held a deep hurt that was beyond words.
" Get your hands off me" I growled, noticing that his hands still gripped my arms, his knuckles were white with the force and my skin burned where his fingers pressed into my skin. I started to panic slightly, he was a lot stronger then me and I knew what he could do. But the memory of what he had  done made me want to get away from him even more.
" LET ME GO" I yelled.
" Your mine" He smiled crushing my arm even more, twisting it sideways. I gritted my teeth against the pain shooting up my arm
Wont hurt me, won't hurt me. I repeated in my head.
" Let me go" I repeated
" Say it" He said forcefully, " Say you love me"
I kept my mouth shut.
" Say it" He repeated jerking my arm around behind my back.
I gritted my teeth and sucked in a deep breath.
" She doesnt have to say anything" Chad spoke from the shadows which were disappating in the dawn sun.
Stupid boy
" Nice scars" Caspian sneered. 
" Let her go" Chad said quietly.
" I can kill you again as many times as I want, they can only bring you back so many times" Caspian glowered, his eyes swam with a strange callenging stare.
" I won't stop you, just let her go" Chad sighed.
" As you wish, but Tylah, don't think I can't make his death perminant if you forget to whom you belong" He said jerking his hand away from me. I felt all of my energy leave my body and I collapsed in a heap on the dew laden grass. Caspian turned away and walked into the dim trees.
" Tylah!" Chad said falling to his knees beside me.
" I'm fine" I murmered weakly even though my arm throbbed painfully.
" No your not" He said putting his arm around my shoulders and lifting me up as if I weighed nothing.
His hands were strong on my back and their heat spread through my body warming me like a fire . I curled into his soft shirt. It smelt of Lynx and cleaning products. 
" Chad?". I asked.
" Yes?" He replied. 
" Why did you do that?"
" I already told you Tylah"
" But you were willing to give up your life for my safety"
" Well I found out that dying isnt as bad as its cracked up to be" He smiled down at me. But behind the smile was something else, something sad, lost and longing about the way his eyes met mine.
He set me down on my bed and scooted down next to me.
I felt safe with him around and somehow everything seemed a little less foreboding when Chad was sitting beside me.
" Why are you so set on saving me" I asked.
Chad didnt reply but ducked his head smiling slightly.
I noticed Hunter had left the room and the twins were breathing softly in their sleep.
It was a long moment before,
" Because I love you" Chad whispered.
My breath caught in my throat.
Then my mind took over.

" if you forget to whom you belong" The words played over in my head, a nasty reminder of what Caspian was capable of. Was I really going to be afraid of him, I loved the man. I loved him with a burning passion, even when Chad was there to hold me, my mind still went to Caspian.

The mysterious boy that had appeared from the waves that day at the beach. The boy who had came to find me even though his elders had not allowed it. The boy who had saved my life, whos eyes lit up when I touched him, who sent prickles of cold through me when he touched me. Who seemed like the puzzle who was always changing.
And then there was Chad.

Chad had always been Chad, always been there to hold me when I cried over a lost teddy bear. The little boy I had found crying in a tree on his first day, covered with bruises and refusing to talk to anyone , we had played I spy until the tears were gone without a trace. He had shared so many memories with me. His touch reminded me of a time I had never known. Of warmth and comfort, of safety. He was always there no matter what and he had been willing to risk his life again to keep me safe.

I was in love with Caspian but I couldn't deny what I felt for Chad, it was love in all its glory but it felt different, I didnt know weather it was a wrong different or a right different. What would Caspian do if he could read my feelings? Was I afraid? No,  I knew that the love I had for Caspiam was true.
It took a long moment before I whispered,
" I love you too"
And the sky split open.