Lights in The Dark

My heart stopped, maybe this hadn't been a good idea I was stuck outside with a strange person or thing and I definatly didn't feel safe. But when I turned around I reeled back. Two bright, glowing, blue eyes stared at me from the trees. I screamed as loud as I possibly could, not caring if I woke the whole orphange.

" Shh" A gentle, inhuman voice said quitely from the trees where the eyes still stared. I shut my mouth immediatly. Whoever or whatever it was in there I didn't want to make them angry. Suddenly the trees rustled and the thing that the eyes belonged to stepped into the moonlight. I gasped.

It was the boy from the beach.

" What the fuck is your problem?!" I half yelled at his smug expression.

" Shh" He said again. I backed away towards the house, now that I knew he wasn't something that could actually really hurt me I wanted to go back.

" I won't hurt you" He said quietly. He sounded genuine and I half wanted to stay and ask him what the hell he was doing outside my window and how he knew where I was. But I continued to back away towards the house, keeping my eyes firmly fixed on him.

" Please" He said softly, pleadingly. I turned around to face him, keeping my distance. His eyes were very distracting.

" What do you want?" I asked carefully.

" I don't know." He answered.

" Ok, well then. Whats your name?"

" Caspian"

" OK, I'm Tylah, now please tell me why your here" I asked frustrated. Caspian shifted uneasily.

" I don't know, I needed to see you" He replied

" Thats creepy... why?" I asked.

" I throught I was seeing things. I wanted to make sure you were real. I know I seem like a stalker or something but really I'm not. I was just curious." He said, he was shifting nervously and I almost felt sorry for him.

" Ok, then how did you know where I was" I asked, I wondered if he had followed me home and waited till dark.

" Um, I saw that that you were with your family so I followed your sister home." He said quietly.

" Ok firstly, they are not my family.. they are the people I live with but they arn't related in any way. Secondly why the hell would you follow someone home just to know if they were real or not. Don't you have a brain?" I said loudly. The light in my room flicked on.

" Crap!" I whispered, Caspian ducked his head and motioned me to follow him down the garden. I ran quickly to the tree line at the bottom of the hill. The grass was wet and the night was cold.

" Who was that?" Caspian asked, when we were out of earshot of the orpahange.

" Probably my best friend, She is a light sleeper" I replied. But it made me wonder why she hadn't woken when I screamed.

" Why do you live with your bestfriend" He asked, he looked puzzled like he had never heard of someone moving in with their best friend.

" Cos" I said simply. I didn't want to tell an absolute stranger that I actually didn't have a family.

" Ok, sorry I just wondered" He said.

" Its fine, I have another question. " I said quietly.

" Enough questions, you haven't answered any of mine" He said slightly angrily. But then his face changed and he looked sorry.

" Fine I will answer one more question and then you answer mine" I said.

"Why don't you live with your family." He asked.

" Because I didn't want to, so I moved in with my bestfriends family" I lied. I didn't want him to know that I was an orphan.

" My turn," I said " Why do your eyes glow?" I had been wondering this for the whole conversation and I needed to know if he had some kind of serious problem.

" Contacts" He replied simply. Why hadn't I thought of that? It was obvious. I decided that I had asked him all he was going to tell me and I wanted to go back to bed, althrough I doubted I would sleep at all.

" I have to go" I said quickly " Bye Caspian" I said waving slightly.

" Bye Tylah, I might see you sometime" He said smiling at me. Before I could say another word he was running up the garden, he turned a corner and he was gone.