Heartache of the changling.

1 week later-----
I was sitting on the edge of my bed changing a rather ungodly nappy when suddenly an eagle woman came flying ( literally) through my open window. How she managed to angle herself to make the stunt was beyond me, and it was all I could do not to drop Cal.
Ivy sat up on the floor crossing her legs and rubbed her arm gingerly.
" You could have made a bigger window" She said stiffly.
" Why are you here? If Caspian sent you tell him to go fuck himself" I replied testily.
" I'm going to ignore what you said about my brother, its about him but he did not send me" she said looking away from me arkwardly.
" What do you mean ?" I asked but I already knew.... the changing. It was Caspians eighteenth birthday today.
"Caspians birthday...they think it will happen soon" She said slowly.
I didnt have to ask what she meant. I lay Cal down on thr bed, kissed him quickly on the forehead and walked over to Ivy. She took off immediately and flew out the window where she landed on the ground and waited. I wondered if all Sirens were strong enough to support another humans weight. Regardless I knew Ivy could because she had carried me before.
I followed her out the window and climbed onto her back and she pushed off from the ground hard. I had always had a fear of flying in planes... imagine flying on someones back without anything real to hold onto.
We flew for what must have been about half an hour before we reached the Siren cliffs. They were surrounded today by a thick white fog which made me even more nervous as Ivy couldn't see where she was going but she knew the way and within minutes she had landed on a jutted out rock and I slipped thankfully to the ground.
I could hear a strange chanting coming from the cave next to us, a ghostly chanting. This must be where Caspian was somewhere in the cliff. .. the man I had pushed away, the man I told myself I never wanted to see again, the man I loved.
Ivy bent her finger, beckoning me to follow her inside. Just as we stood outside the door Ivy pressed her finger to her lips silently.
I walked into the dark doorway and stopped dead.
Caspian was lying in the centre of the room on a woven dirty mat, surrounded by Sirens... Sirens in long robes with stragly beards reaching beyond their chins towards the floor, their heads were bent over Caspian. Beads of sweat glittered on Caspians face, his arms and legs were splayed out at strange angles... he looked broken, oddly contorted like some cheap doll you buy in a second hand store that breaks after a week.
I slowly walked over to stand just ouside the circle of Sirens.
"Tylah" Caspian said softly from thw ground. I laughed, it was either that or cry.
"I'm here" I replied, I was tempted to go on.. say something like, " I don't want to be here and you don't deserve me here" but I held my tongue and somehow being here for him felt right.
He began to sweat even more and the veins in his forehead stood out strikingly... I could tell he wad straining at something.
The chanting grew louder, bouncing off the walls of the walls of the cave.
And then it suddenly stopped, all of it and the cave went eerily quite.
" Is he-" I began but Ivy stepped forward and pressed her hand over my mouth. She signed me to be quiet and moved her hand away.
Suddenly Caspians chest tensed and his back arched off the floor, he looked like he might puke, white face, straining veins, huge eyes. In fact I felt like I might puke.
I fell onto my knees and Ivy grabbed my shoulders but I shoke her off and took Caspian's hand, Ivy put a restraining hand on my shoulder but I kept holding on. His hand was cold and clammy in mine, but it reminded me of holding him the past few months, of the man I had held onto even through his attempt to kill Chad and our fight afterwards.
His chest fell to the floor and his eyes shut, I clasped his hand harder. I couldn't look at him like this it was too much.
Ivy sighed next to me.
Caspian opened his eyes.
They were blue.
Ivy squeaked quietly beside me.
" He's Caspian" she said.
" What do you mean? What happened? " I asked.
" He is pure, he's Caspian, the one we know" She said as her tears began to flow and mine joined hers. Caspian stood up shakily from the floor and fell into my arms.
"Tylah" He choked crying silently, his body shaking was the only way I could tell.
" Oh my god, I thought I was going to lose you" I cried into his shoulder. Somehow he seemed warmer, more comforting, more human.
" I love you" I wept.
I could feel the smile against my shoudler.
" I love you too, always will" He whispered. He pulled back to give Ivy a hug and the elders bowed their heads and began to disperse.
"ARRRGH" Caspian screamed.
His back arched back, his mouth in a silent scream.
" RUN!! " One of the elders yelled at the top of his voice.
"Why? Whats happening? " I yelled over the comotion. He was fine a few moments ago, he had been fine, he had changed. It didnt make sense, none of it.
" He's changing " Ivy yelled as feathera burst from her body, the now eagle Ivy stepped foward and wrapped her talons securely around my chest. I watched as Caspain collapsed down and I just caught a glimpse of a flash of red in his wild eyes before I was swept out the doorway and into the cold fog outside. The rocks fell away below me as I realised I had just lost the man I loved.