Chapter 8

Jordye felt a little relieved to have the social media connection out of her life. She never posted anything. The only reason why she had it was to watch funny videos. She soon made her way down stair to her mother making breakfast.

"Good Morning Momma." She said in a real groggy voice.

"Morning baby, how you feeling?"

"Like shi-" Before she could realize who she was conversating with, her mother coughed and glared at Jordye.

"Like crap." Jordye corrected herself.

Her mother didn't have the energy or heart to lecture her on her mouth. She honestly felt bad for her child. Everything seemed to be going down hill.

"Honey everything's going to be alright. You're leaving that terrible school now."

"The dude that bullied me the most is going to Duke too, mom." Jordye said bluntly before grabbing her plate and heading back upstairs to her room.

Around 2:00, her mother made her way up to Jordye's room. No music was playing like it usually was. No A$AP Mob, no N.W.A, nothing. The tone of the house was in such a melancholy state.

"Hey, sweetie." Her mother whispered as she knocked on the door. Unfortunately she got no response from her child.

"Listen Jordye. You can't just mope around the house all day."

"Don't believe me, just watch." Jordye finally spoke up.

"Well, Jordye I just come up to let you know that I'm off to work now. You know I get off at 10."

"Yeah, I know. See ya. Love you."

"Oh, here. I did some research online about Duke and I just found this website. Maybe you can get on it and make some new friends. Ya know, help you forget about that boy. I love you honey." With that, she was off and out the door.

Jordye just looked down at the piece of paper her mother laid next to her on the bed. When she unfolded it and exposed the fact that it was a website to a forum, a Duke forum to be exact.

Hmm. Maybe this could be my new start, Jordye thought to herself as she grabbed her Mac to log on.

Here goes nothing.