Chapter 11

"Hey, daddy." Jordye spoke through the telephone as it gave an echo feedback.

"Hey, baby girl. How's the world out there?"

Jordye just gave him the uninterested face because he knew of the torture she got out in the streets. Yeah, she had street cred, but obviously the bad kind.

"Now, you know I hate half of these nig-, I mean people."

"Good save. Watch that mouth around your mom."

"Yeah, yeah. You tell me all the time."

"So.. I know you graduated not to long ago. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, baby."

"I really didn't want you to be there." Jordye tried to mumble to herself, but failed tremendously.

"Wait, what? Why wouldn't you want me there? Listen, I know I missed a lot of your life and I'm truly sorry for it."

"No, no. Dad it's has nothing to do with you!"

"Well what is it sweetie?" He questioned with the most concern look.

This guilt is eating me alive. I guess it's now or never. I have to let him know.

"Dad, I'm being bullied.... I'm being bullied at school, daddy. Everybody hates me." By now tears flowed down her cheeks with ease. It was a huge weight lifted of of her shoulders.

"Who? Tell me who baby girl!" Joey stated starting to get a little aggressive. In addition to that anger, he was in a lot of pain. He was stuck in a metal casing everyday and right now behind a bullet proof glass holding him back from protecting his only daughter.

"Dad. It's nothing. Can we please just change the topic?"

"No, Jordye please tell me." His pupils were laced with concern as he stared at her through the glass.

"It's ... It's Chancellor."

Joey's facial expression instantly softened. The hell? He chuckled before speaking up.

"Chancellor? Nah he couldn't be bullying you. He comes here to talk all the time! He just visited me last week and told me how y'all went to cookout, how y'all talk everyday, he even said y'all made the decision to go to Duke together. Ain't you two supposed to be the best of friends?"

"Hell to the no! He's lying to you!" Jordye said while standing up out of rage.

"Jordye, watch your mouth when you're talking to me. You need to stop lying on that boy, he seems like a fine young man. You always used to lie as a child, but I thought you would've grown out of it by now."

"Wow. So you believe that bastard over me?! I am your daughter!"

Her father stayed silent signaling what his answer was. Out of total frustration, Jordye flung the phone at the glass and stormed out of the facility, vowing never to return.

A/N

Ooo! Jordye's dad thinks she's lying!

Who else thinks Chancellor is a lying, manipulating son of a bit-?! 🙋🙋🙋