Chapter 13

Ding.

The sound of Jordye's computer from the other side of the door distracted her from committing to the fatal attraction.

She slowly got up and looked in the mirror at her puffy face. Everything in her life seemed to be going straight down hill, but suicide was not the answer. She then flung the blade into the trash and slowly made her way back into her room. Before stepping completely over of the threshold, she made sure her mother was no where in sight.

Ding.

In no time, Jordye's investigation came to a close when she discovered it was only her laptop making that noise. She had received two messages from Quinn.

Qcook323: Listen you don't have to tell me anything you don't feel like telling me. Just know that I know what it feels like to be bullied and it hurts.

Qcook323: I'm always here for you if you want to talk.

Jordye just stared at the screen for a good 5 minutes with thoughts just rummaging through her head, trying to make sense of her life. "Why is this stranger being so nice to me?"

FlatbushZombye: Why?

Qcook323: huh?

FlatbushZombye : Why are you be so nice to me?

Qcook323: because I know. I know exactly what you are feeling right now. You're feeling alone; like the world is crumbling on your shoulders. I'm just trying to be that person you can lean on before you do something crazy.

FlatbushZombye: You know what? Thanks. Like forreal. You're the one helping me through this hard time and I really appreciate it.

Qcook323: Omg ! Is Ms. Jordye showing emotion towards me? I finally got a break through! Can I get an amen?! 😭

FlatbushZombye: Boy, be quiet! You lucky you got that 😂😂

The Next Day

"Jordye, breakfast is ready!" Her mom called from downstairs. Soon she heard her footstep reside closer and closer to the bedroom door. "Jordye..." She trailed off peeking her head in the doorway.

Jordye had fallen asleep with her phone lying on her chest. Oh so, her mother thought. Jordye was only pretending to be asleep. No contact needed to be embrace between the two since Jordye was still hurt by her mother's actions. Betrayal, yes, that's the word. She felt betrayed by her own blood.

Jordye and Quinn were talking on the phone the whole night and just gotten of around 5 mins ago. And I know what you're thinking? "Her number already?" Yes, they found that strong chemistry with one another and she decided to tear down that wall she was holding up. It was for the better good.

"Honey..." Jordye's mother tried to call out once again as she took a seat on the edge of the bed.

As she took a closer look, she noticed the dark-purple bruise on the right side of her daughters chin. She then reached to graze the specific bruise, but was stopped abruptly by the swing of Jordye's arm.

With her eyes still closed, she smacked her mother's arm away and hissed "Go Away."

Miss Me?
You didn't?
Too bad.
I'm backkkk (Hopefully. 🎓)
😂❤️🎊🎉