[chap.40]

A/N:
So this is the last chapter of this fanfic, and I have this whole long cheesy authors note at the end. It would make me really happy if you read it!!! :) Plus I have one simple little question, and if you, yes YOU -- answer, perhaps I'll write an extra oneshot chappie thing...

When reading this last chapter, I encourage you to live in the moment. Be there by Snape and Lily, as if you're by their side. Feel how they feel, notice how much they're expressing, smile and cry with them.

Enjoy!!

Dedicated to: everyone reading this :)

Edited by: sophiaswag ❤️
_____________
"And I get the point that I should leave you alone.
But we both know that I'm not that strong,
And I miss the lips that made me fly."

-Mayday Parade, 'Miserable At Best'

------------------------

Chapter Forty: Together Again

______________

Third Person

Severus had apparated to his home in Spinners End that night, surprised that he hadn't splinched himself. His mind was scattered and his heart was broken. Was there even such thing as repair anymore?

Memories flooded and took over any focus or sanity he had lazily held on to.

That time -- so long ago -- when he went to the Apothecary for Hogwarts' supplies; and there was a female figure he oddly recognized. It felt weird and creepy to just stare, until she turned around. Severus' eyes widened dramatically at the female's form that was scant inches from him. She had stepped on his toes clumsily and sweetly apologized, while her bright green orbs met his dark ones. He had been speechless and that cold facade remained.

He remembered the obvious awkwardness about the situation.
He remembered the scared expression on her face, and how she hurried away. He remembered how crestfallen he felt after she had avoided him since then.

Some weird impulse had taken over him, and he went after her. It took so many months for him to gain her love, but a week to gain her trust and respect.

He remembered the tears on her face when James Potter died. He had tried to tell her - repeatedly - that he was in love with her. Then that time he was a chicken and told her that he was in love with that blue sofa. The first time he attempted to kiss her, which was a horrid mistake and a heartbreaking rejection. How she kissed him after a lunch shared together. He remembered all the times that Harry went immediately ill, and how he had to comfort Lily when she was most vulnerable. Their Christmas, and their first time, and all the petty fights.

Once the Healer at St Mungos had broke the news to him, Severus' intention wasn't to cut off their relationship. She had already pierced it, and he just wanted to confront her and get answers.

Popping open a few bottles of whisky and rum had just sufficed to aid the pain. He was bored and sad. School had started a few weeks ago, and he ignored all the imbeciles who asked about his apprentice, 'Miss Potter'.