[chap.9]

Chapter Nine: He Fancies You
_______________

||Lily||

I'm not exactly sure what Sev was planning to do when he came so very close to me, but Harry wasn't breathing. It caught both of us off guard.

My baby isn't breathing!!!

Harry starts to cry horrendously and tears well up in my eyes, making everything blurry. Slowly I can feel Harry catch his breath, and slowly he starts to breath. His breathing is slow and rough and raspy and irregular, I panic once more.

Without warning, Severus grabs my arm and guides me to the fireplace. He takes a handful of floo powder, throws it inside and yells

"St Mungo's!"

Absently, I step inside and I'm transported by Floo Network to my destination. Several seconds later, with the crying Harry in my hands, we stop. I step out and cough, then shortly after Severus comes out from behind me.

Once again, I'm frozen on the spot. Why am I so incapable of taking care of Harry myself?

Sev takes my shoulder and walks me over to the counter. I'm not sure what I said because it came out as muffled mumbles and a terrorized sob, but several Healers took Harry and told me to wait in the waiting room. I objected and probably screamed at them, but Severus pulled me into a half hug and I shut up and sobbed into his robes. We were so close, his warmth made me feel better immediately. My cold frigid body had melted into a softer and warmer one.

"What do I do?" I asked shakily, pulling away from his embrace. He looked down at me but didn't let go. I'm not sure if I would've wanted him to.

He smelt like mint like he had before.

I wonder why I noticed that.

Weird.

"Just wait. It'll be okay." He whispered, and he tucked a loose lock of red hair from my face to behind my ear. I wonder why he did that, not that I minded. I didn't mind it at all. It just sort of reminded me of James a bit. James liked playing with my hair.

Here we were, standing in the middle of the plain white blinding waiting room. This floor of St Mungo's was practically deserted, except for Sev and I and the Healer searching through files behind a desk.

My eyes searched his, looking for some sort of truth. He just grinned slightly and the corners of his eyes crinkled in support. I laughed airily and looked away and to the door where my poor sick baby was behind. What were they doing to him?

"It might not be okay." I murmured nervously. "Nothing is ever okay."

"Don't say that." He frowned, and his hands slip off my arms. He looks somewhere from behind me and a flush of anger washed over him.

"Severus!" a voice calls. I turn my head and see Dumbledore hurrying to us. "Lily! What happened?"

I don't understand why Severus looks so upset, but Dumbledore does not pay attention. His blue eyes concentrate on me, full of concern and curiousness.

"His breathing pattern had a drastic change in pattern." Severus explained for me, even taking a step away. His tone was flat and dry, he was just so different. One minute he's the kindest person I know, and the next he is this emotionless arse.

"Oh dear, the Healer will grant me permission to see him I hope," Dumbledore was still looking at me.

"They won't even let me see him!" I cried out painfully. I feel an arm slide around my waist for support. But as quick as it was there, it was gone.