[chap.15]

A/N:

Hello! The next couple paragraphs aren't explicit or mature or anything, but there's a kissing scene in some detail. If you don't like that stuff, just skip it. I'll always put an authors note warning before anything like that happens, especially if i decide for there to be smut.

Enjoy this chapter :)

-------------------

Chapter Fifteen: Complications
_______________

||Third Person||

Their tongues caressed over each other, once...then twice...then three times. Severus was putting his passion and feelings into it, but Lily wasn't sure of her feelings. She didn't know why she kissed him, or why she was still kissing him, because technically her and James aren't over. Technically they never divorced or seperated. Technically this is cheating. She was sure that even though she promised to herself that she'd never find love again, she was certain she felt a little something toward her Sev. Obviously, since she kissed him and he was kissing her back.

He became more confident, and gingerly placed his hands on her hips. She shifted and ran her fingers from his neck down his back and held him at mid-abdomen. He shivered slightly, and deepened the kiss, sparking something within Lily.

She gasped softly, causing their mouths to release from each other. Severus looked at her with a small frown, but Lily just couldn't look at him. She just stared down at her feet, with her face hot with chagrin. Her hands dropped from his body, but his were still lightly holding her waist.

"Lily?" He whispered, almost inaudibly.

"I'm sorry." Lily grunted. Something stabbed his heart. Deep down he knew that she hadn't meant this. Deep down he knew that she would never kiss him or hold him just like she had done minutes previously. Deep down he knew that she would never fancy him, like he loved her. Plus, it had only been thirteen days since James Potter died. If she had felt anything toward him, Lily would be neglecting it because of bloody Potter.

"Don't be sorry.." Snape spoke softly, and finally she looked at him. He was a tad surprised because she looked so mad. He thought that the kiss was good. He enjoyed it, didn't she, despite everything else? "It's okay-"

"You should go Severus." Lily demanded quite clearly. Her voice wavered a bit, and her hands were shaking as she grabbed his hands that still held her, and pushed them away. "I hope you had a nice lunch." She mumbled, more quietly. She folded her arms over her body and dropped her gaze once more to the ground.

Severus felt a growing anger inside him too, but he didn't show any of it.

I guess I'm back to my emotionless self.

This was why he never let anyone in, this is why he never conveyed too much emotion or feeling. Now he's learned his lesson once more.

Severus clasped his cloak together and turned on his heel. He rested one hand on the doorknob and drew in a long, raspy breath.

"You know Lily, the lunch wasn't the only thing that was nice." He said darkly, and opened the door, walked out and slammed it behind him without even a glance to her.

||Lily||

It was my fault after all, but I blamed it on him anyway. I stood still, not moving from where he left me. One of my hands clasped over my mouth as I let out a sad sob. Then I burst into plenty of tears, trailing from my eyes and down my cheeks. This is pathetic. I shouldn't be the one crying, I was the one who kissed him. I'm the one who's having mixed feelings about him. I'm the one who dragged him out to lunch with me. I should stop being such a pessimist. Although, I still continue to cry.