[chap.34]

A/N:
This author's note is super important! Lotsa mature content ahead!!! If you're not comfy with sexual content then skip that part, I tried not to make it too detailed. I kept banging my head against a pillow bc this was rlly difficult to write sigh. Make sure not to skip the whole chap, because the beginning and end is important :)

Big big big thanks to severusdowney for beta-ing and helping edit this chapter, without whom I'd probably still be banging my head on a pillow.

Remember, stop when you see it coming dearies ;)
------------------
Chapter Thirty-Four: Valentine's Day Part Two
____________

||Third Person||

She continued to gape, an audible noise barely escaping her mouth. She held the ring delicately in her hand, while she clapped the other one over her parted lips. Severus smirked, amused and engaged by the beautiful and shocked look on her face. Lily's gaze didn't falter from the piece of jewelry, as her emerald eyes became glassy with emotions. Bringing a look of seriousness to his face, he cupped her chin and lifted it so that she was forced to look at him. Lily stuttered for a moment before talking.

"Severus - "

"I love you." Severus said with all the pain and fear gone, now replaced with courage and overwhelming feelings.

Lily allowed the tears that welled up to start rolling, as her lips quivered. Without breaking eye contact, Severus took the ring from her hand and slowly slid it onto her right handed ring finger, that didn't declare marriage. He held that hand tight, indicating how he wasn't ever going to let her slip away from him, ever again.

"I know I should've told you sooner. But I was a coward, and I was just tired of you not returning the friendship... the same feeling. But now I don't care if I'm scared or not, because I love you, and I'll say it a million times, because I've always loved you."

Lily didn't say anything, which started to worry him - did that mean she didn't love him back? He released the idiotic thinking out of his head, he knows she likes him too. He knows she feels the same way. Self-reproach won't get in the way this time.

"All this time... you felt that way?" Lily asked, her voice tight.

There was a tense pause before he spoke again. "... Yes. For the longest time since we were little, I've been in love with you. It sounds crazy, and I know it does -"

"You don't sound crazy at all." Lily sniffed, holding and caressing his cheek softly. "Did you feel this way before the incident in Fifth Year?"

He hesitated, before nodding. She sighed, and felt the daggers piercing her insides. Not only did that fight affect the both of them the way it did, but he had been in love with her... in love. And she hadn't forgiven him immediately.

"That's why you loathed James so much.. more so than usual."

"Yes."

"You still loved me when I got married?"

"Deeply."

Lily took a sharp breath. "Then why didn't you say anything? Things could've changed... I thought about you all the time..."

"Oh yeah," Severus drawled sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "I should have shown up on your doorstep and said 'Hi, I know we haven't talked for years but I just want to tell you I love you and you should come away with me from your husband and newly born son although I'm a Death Eater and a Slytherin, it's not like you feel the same way.' "

"But I do feel the same way. Even though sometimes I want to cut your heart out with a spoon, you're one of the treasures in my heart. Severus, I love you too." Lily breathed, before taking his face in her hands and closing her mouth with his, letting a frustrated need become unraveled.