[chap.33]

A/N:
So this chapter is veryy veryyyyy important, and was very long with over 5000 words :/ I split it up into two chapters so the next one will be a continuation! (I've also added names to all my chapters recently fyi)

God I am so nervous for both these chaps, but Happy Reading!

Dedicated to: @Books_Are_Infinite
----------------

Chapter Thirty-Three: Valentine's Day Part One
_____________

||Severus||

All the sappy music playing in the background and hormonal teenagers made me sick, wanting to instantly relieve my lunch into the snow. This weekend was a Hogsmeade weekend, and I did not realize that until I discovered nearly every fifth to seventh year - snogging - in every location possible. Just because it's bloody Valentines Day, doesn't mean their lustful showcases need to be on display for the whole of Hogwarts to witness.

I was too tired and too anxious to scold every single one of those insolent twits; besides I was technically off duty. I should be at Spinners End: relaxing, hopefully enjoying burning alcohol down my throat while trying not to think of Lily and what she could possibly be doing with André, her fucking French 'saviour', today. On the most romantic day of the year.

I should be seeing Dumbledore about those mermaid tears that I haven't spoken of yet, like I promised Lily, but instead of climbing the steep, snowy hill back to Hogwarts, where I vividly remember Lily had once attacked me with her snowballs; my mind reminds me of those bottles of Ogdens back at home. I find my heel slipping in that direction instead, my head deep into grey clouds. Specific grey clouds that have a weather forecast containing that certain woman, and only thoughts of her... because I've missed her so terribly bad. It's been well over a month since I saw my Lils, and it's been two weeks since we've last exchanged letters. My heart always palpitated whenever I saw an owl soaring to my window, to receive a heartfelt note in her fancy handwriting. I haven't been in contact since she announced how busy she'll be; with Harry, and appointments, and exploring France, and hanging out with her friend André...

I don't even get it. How could a man just easily walk back into her life - such as he had - and became her saviour at ease? He knew about Mermaid Tears and their healing properties - and now he's Lily's hero. If only she knew how much my heart squeezed in a jealous rage and was fed into a furious fire whenever she explained in excruciating detail about how great this wizard was.

It's incredibly selfish to desire such a thing, but I've always wanted to be the only one. Her only hero. The only one who could save her from distress. The only one to come to her rescue, making sure she was safe and secure and healthy. Not André. She doesn't even realize it, she's so oblivious to it - but Lily has many options. Now that Potter is deceased, every sensible man is continuing to fawn over her looks and personality once more, and she doesn't even bloody realize it. Yes, it makes me want to sectumsempra every single one of their measly heads off, but I am one of those men. She's so beautiful; with long auburn hair in loose waves down her back, green eyes that peer into you and hold a happiness to them, a dancing light. Her mouth so properly pressed, her cheekbones perfectly set, her pale skin soft and gentle, her touch warming and satisfying. As much as anyone would enjoy looking at her all day, her personality is what wins you over. Lily is kind, sweet and caring; but her bite is harsh on tender skin. She doesn't like to get into fights, although she tends to be too stubborn. Through my pride I must admit, it's her stubbornness that keeps me grounded.

Keeping my head low, with my hair straying in front of my face; a low hiss calls out. Slowly, I look up, regretting the moment I do. A man whom I've known for quite a while, with a pointed face and platinum hair atop his head; arched an eyebrow at me and ushered me to go talk to him. Frowning, I walked over.