[chap.25]

A/N:
Warning! Mature content ahead!! Not too mature, but if you're uncomfortable with intense make out scenes then just skip it.
Enjoy :)
---------------

Chapter Twenty-Five: Hot Chocolate by the Fire
________________

||Severus||

As we enter Hogwarts, I start brushing off remaining bits of snow that Lily had kindly threw at me (again). Of course I didn't mind since it was her, it just made me admire her even more. She had always been playful and daring, and I've always been a bore like she said. And a grinch-whatever that is.

"Do you have any plans for the weekend?" Lily asked casually, with her boots making squishy noises and leaving lingering puddles wherever she walked. Filch will have a lot to clean later.

"No, do you?"

"It depends." Lily sighed under her breath, and I know she's referring to Harry.

Only now I realize that we've been walking toward her quarters, and I wonder if she'll let me stay for a while, or if she'll bid me a goodnight at the doorway.

She opens the door, enters her quarters and leaves the door open for me to enter. Shrugging, I just entered. I'm not going to neglect my time with her.

Lily removes her winter clothing and her boots, then runs her fingers down her beautiful vanilla-Jasmine scented hair.
I take off my coat and scarf and boots, then I sit on her soft periwinkle sofa.

"Do you want hot chocolate?" She asked out of the blue.

"I guess, sure."

"Okay, I'll go get some from the Hogwarts' kitchens."

Lily seemed so distracted, and troubled but instead of asking what's wrong, I absently nodded in agreement. She then slipped on some shoes and left me in her quarters.

||Lily||

I feel distant, and even though I've been having fun tonight with Severus, it just reminds me of James. But James would want me to be happy, right?He'd want for me to not hold back and stay single until the day I die, right?

Because I do feel happy around Sev. I do feel many romantic feelings toward Sev. It hurts my head trying to ignore them, so now I'm going to embrace it more than I had before.

My thoughts are rudely interrupted by an owl, quietly soaring toward me and dropping a letter to my feet, then leaving. Frowning, I pick it up and tear it open.

Lily,

Although it's unfortunate, perhaps you should consider returning to France for further treatment for Harry. His condition isn't seeming to want to leave.

Albus Dumbledore.

Grimacing and groaning in mental and emotional pain, I fold the letter away and try to think of more pleasant things.

The house elves successfully hand over two professional looking hot chocolates, in white mugs. I can smell the chocolaty waft, topped with whipped cream and a red cherry.
And on my walk back to my quarters, I half-heartedly decide I will tell him. I'll tell Severus that I like him...a lot a lot.

Is it too soon?

What if he doesn't feel the same?

You'll just embarrass yourself...

You shouldn't.

Once I reenter my sitting room, I find him on the floor reading a book from my bookshelf. My lip curves up as I sit in front of him, crossing my legs then set his cup of hot chocolate on the rug in front of him.