[chap.14]

Chapter Fourteen: Lunch with an Unexpected Treat
_______________

||Lily||

The next morning, I can't help but feel upset with myself. My first thought in the morning was of Severus, not James or Harry.

I shrug it off and get dressed into some tight blue jeans and a purple blouse with a collar. I tie my long auburn hair into a braid because I just don't want to deal with it being whipped around in the chilly air outside. I want to take Harry for a walk again, maybe it can clear up his sinuses and perhaps I can teach him how to walk. Unless he is too lightheaded of course.

Harry isn't quite awake yet, and he really needs the rest so I don't bother him. I quietly go downstairs and eat a banana for breakfast. I'm not hungry, the last time I ate a fully proper meal was when I stayed in Sev's room for the night.

I let my thoughts drift off to him, and I don't know why, but I take out a spare piece of parchment and a quill and scrawl quickly onto it.

Come over for lunch? Please?

-Lily

I guess I just really want to talk to him. It's not like I actually fancy him the way he probably fancies me, right?

Keep talking Lily, you liar.

I'm not lying to myself. At least I hope I'm not.

I beckon Galleon; my owl, forward and I let her take my letter in her beak.

"Bring this to Severus Snape at Hogwarts." I said in a clear voice. The owl chirped, as if letting me know she understood. Then Galleon swooped away and out the kitchen window.

I throw the banana peel into the compost bin and move to shut the window closed, but Galleon is already flying back.

That was quick.

Galleon flies in and drops the letter in my palms and does her routine, which is eat her breakfast then lazily nap in her cage.

Over excitedly, I tear the letter open and take out a small parchment. I smile to myself as I read the letter.

Sure. I won't be able to stay long, I don't have my extra break today.

-Severus

I'm really looking forward to it. And I also think I'm starting to really, really like him. Really.

||Severus||

Lunch comes slower than I had wanted. Every second that passes feels like an hour. I just want to flee from Hogwarts and apparate to her already.

I take my students by surprise and I dismiss them five minutes early. They all clear out fast, probably happy to not having to spend five minutes more with this usually grumpy professor.

I hurry to my quarters and straighten myself up. My hair doesn't look too greasy. My eyes don't tell too miserable of a story. My robes don't look too muddled.

I tuck my wand into my pocket, and fasten warmer robes around my body. The weather has been getting worse, I hate cold weather. I hate the snow and the ice and the stuffy noses.

I leave another note for Dumbledore in his office, saying that I'm going out for lunch again. I don't say that it's going to be with Lily, so he doesn't raise any sort of suspicion.

I walk down to Hogsmeade, and purchase a bottle of firewhisky. I don't even know if Lily drinks, but I apparate to her home anyways with it.

I straighten my posture, breathe in nervously and ring the doorbell once again. I'm sure I've rang the doorbell more than anyone else who visits.