[chap.32] letters

A/N:

Sigh, I was going to update next week but I really wanted to update anyway. Just warning - the next chapter won't be published for a long time bc of school and writers block and mainly school. Enjoy another chapter of letters - which take place over the end of December and to the end of January.

Dedicated to: @JoJoApril

--------------

December 27, 1981

Severus,

Hey. I just wanted to owl you, apologizing once more for Christmas. It was really quite a messed up day, and that's mainly my fault. I really don't know how I can make it up to you.

Your power at Spinners End isn't still gone I hope?

Harry got admitted right away into St Santos, and I'm nearly dozing off waiting for an answer whether they're keeping him overnight or not. Harry was nearly dead, a large percentage of his blood gone. The potions that you've supplied helped, and he's been slowly regaining back needed cells. My poor baby is unconscious. The only thing keeping me stable is writing to you, because I know that if you were here you'd be beside me giving me a warm hug of comfort. I'll just keep visioning that so I don't go off the brink of insanity. I've been crying non stop, everything is just painful at the moment. On the bright side, France looks even more beautiful when coated with snow!

Dumbledore kindly sought out a nice muggle hotel by the Eiffel Tower - a historic muggle sighting. It's so beautiful. Everything and everyone in France are so beautiful. I wish you could be here, as I don't like being alone.

Lots of love,
Lily

//

December 28, 1981

Dearest Lily,

The power in my home is still gone. I won't bother with those muggle electrical companies, I haven't any money for that.

I'm sorry you had to go alone. I wish I could've come too, I'm concerned about yours and Harry's wellbeing. Albus wouldn't let me go though, he would say I have a job to do and that I have to stop associating with you publicly. Douchebag he is, he doesn't understand.

Keep me posted. Especially about the regain of Harry's blood, otherwise I can see if I can concoct something stronger than what they use at the hospital - and send it to you.

Severus xx

//

December 30, 1981

Sev,

Harry's been basically 'residing' in the hospital for several days now. I haven't been able to write to you because I've been at his bedside 24/7. The only way I've been getting meals is through my friend André.

I'm so tired. It feels like a constant weight is on my shoulders, and my eyes are threatening to be sewn shut if I don't get enough sleep. I feel like I'm struggling to keep awake.

Harry is okay. Still unconscious. More blood is in his system. I don't know what I would've done if Harry died that night, he was so close.

Lily

//

December 30, 1981

Lils,

No worries. I'd like to hear from you everyday because I want to know that you're safe, but I understand that you cannot. Make sure you're there for your son first and foremost.