Kids In The Dark

"Alex, she's crying again." Jess complained to my husband. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"I'll get her, she's probably hungry." I said before getting up from my chair and waddling towards Lexi's room. "Hey baby, are you hungry?" I cooed. Lexi smiled before I picked her up and fed her. 

"Sissy?" I turned around to see Zoe standing at the door with tears in her eyes and a razor in her hand.

"Zoe." I breathed. "What the hell are you doing?" I launched myself at her and grabbed her arms making her look me in the eyes. 

"I can't take it anymore." She mumbled. "Can I talk to you and Alex?" I nodded, yelling for Alex.

"What is it? Is everyone okay?" He asked in a fit of frantic. His face fell when his eyes landed on Zoe's hand. "What's going on?" He said softly before picking up Zoe and setting her in his lap.

"They're doing it again. The girls from school." She spoke through sobs. I looked at Alex with tears in my eyes.

"Zoe, I've told you not to let them get to you. I myself dealt with bullying, both physically and mentally. I hated it, myself, and I lost all of my friends because I resorted to self harm. I stopped for Dad." Zoe looked up at me with tears spilling from her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Did you do anything?" Alex asked. Zoe shook her head no and hugged both of us. 

"I don't want you to go through that, so what are the girl's names?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Alexis Dunn, Stacy Mildred, and Daphne Love." I nodded before getting up out of the floor and calling her school.

"Hi, yes I'd like to speak to Mr. Johnson."

"I took care of it." I said, walking back upstairs and ruffling Zoe's hair.

"Good." I went to go lay down after having a little chat with Zoe, and quickly fell asleep.

~

"Babe?" Alex yelled from downstairs.

"What is it?" 

"There's someone here to see you."

~

I get it, it's short. I'm sorry.