VIII

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER EIGHT
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

October

"Mommy I want those ones" ace pointed to his sneakers

Amoura shook her head "Ace no it's too cold outside. Put these uggs on."

He started whining making her roll her eyes.

"Ace I don't have time for this."

She put the chestnut ugg boots on him anyway and he started crying. Amoura ignored it and zipped up her coat grabbing her Michael Kors nude tote. She picked Ace up and put him on her hip.

"Why is he crying?" She heard her grandma as she left out the room

"Because he's a brat and wanted to wear a different pair of shoes."

When she got downstairs where her grandma was she saw she was cooking.

"Acey those boots are nice? What's the problem?"

"I don't want these" he cried more

"Where you headed out to?"

"He has a doctors appointment. Three year checkup."

"Is he getting the flu shot?"

"I was thinking about it and I been reading some stuff that make me not want him to get it. So no I don't want him getting that shot."

"At the end of the day it's your choice."

"Yup. But I gotta go we already a little late grandma."

"See you baby be safe. My keys are in my purse on the couch."

"Okay, thank you."

Amoura got out the door and closed it behind her. The sky was a dark grey complete signs that it was going to rain some time today. The wind was also on ten today. She felt like if she wasn't holding Ace the wind would've swept him away. She unlocked the car and got Ace situated in his car seat. His eyes were watery still but he had stopped crying. She wiped his face and gave him his iPad before closing the door.

After getting in she had no time to wait for it to warm up. She turned the radio up and drove off.

The three year check up went good. He got his blood pressure checked, his heart and breathing, eyes right and ears, and all that.

After leaving Amoura made sure to get his some chickfila. She pulled into a parking spot to give him his food and so she could eat as well.

"Please don't make a mess Ace, grandma gonna be pissed. If anything make sure it gets on your carseat not her seats." She said in the midst of chewing

"Mommy where's my juice?"

Amoura reached back and put his juice in his cup holder on the carseat "Don't take it out of there. Just sip it while it's in there. That's how we avoid messes."

After making sure Ace was content and eating, she got on her phone and called Dre. She made sure to check up on him here and there since he was back home now.