XVII

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Y'all sounding real toxic." Emani said as Amoura wand curled her hair in the mirror

Today was Saturday and Amoura didn't have Ace since Mara and Leon went Christmas tree shopping and took him. He loved Christmas and was begging since the first of December to go looking for Christmas trees so they finally decided to take him.

"Toxic? I ain't the toxic one if anything he is."

"I mean y'all act like a damn couple I don't understand why not just be one. Y'all would actually be cute."

Amoura frowned "Yeah no."

"I feel like you just acting like you don't actually want him but deep down you do and you're probably just afraid of rejection the way he comes off."

"Yeah, no. I just don't want to be with him."

"You was just telling me he put a statues on Twitter that was something along the lines saying he was single and didn't want anybody. I know you feel a way, whether you want to admit it or not. Girl, I been through it." She laughed a little "Especially when you been giving the nigga pussy and he still on bullshit hell yeah it lowkey hurt not gonna lie but trust me the hardest niggas definitely hide they feelings and try to come off as if they really don't want you, but I feel like he wants you. Despite half the shit he be doing or saying."

Amoura sighed taking it all in. She never had anybody break it all down to her like that because she didn't confide in anybody else but she felt like with Emani she could. That's why she explained everything to her about her and Dres confused ass relationship.

"Emani I'm so scared you just don't understand." She put the curler down and turned to her

"It's okay to admit Amoura. I been through it, hell a lot of people been through it.

"I don't know I just been real confused with things lately. I don't know how to act. It's like..." she paused and shook her head "I don't know."

"You like him?"

"Not necessarily."

"So you do like him."

"Emani no. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't."

"Overall you have caught feelings for him in a way though."

Amoura was in deep thought.

"It's like one minute he's perfect, next minute he's ignorant..."

"He always wanna be around you trust when I say I think he has feelings for you. Ain't nobody finna keep tryna see somebody they don't really like especially if y'all don't have sex on every link. Same way you still go out your way and text him or go see him even when you don't really want to."

"You clearly don't know who Dre is. He's a hoe. If he actually felt some way about me he'd cut people off."

"See now that I didn't know about..."

"Yet, the other day he asking who I'm messing with cause I wanted space from him. Not to mention that time he was mad about me and Keonte being out that day. Like he wants me all to himself while he does what he does while having no title or anything with me."