XX

I know it's short but I'm coming back with longer 😭
Also how's quarantine treating y'all? It's stressing me out but at least I get more time to think and write
Last but not least—enjoy, vote, & comment❤️

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER TWENTY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

January

  Church service was over and Amoura and Ace were in the car while Mara and Leon were still behind talking to people. Amoura didn't like talking to multiple people before she left an event. She just wanted to go home and eat.

Ace was talking her head off as they waited the extra few minutes. Going on about any and everything. They finally got done and headed back home.

  After eating Amoura wasn't feeling as good. She thought maybe what she ate wasn't agreeing with her but assumed the feeling would eventually go away. A couple minutes passed and she to the bathroom feeling she had to throw up. She lift the toilet seat up and started throwing up in it.

Her body felt weak after she was done. Pregnancy wasn't the first thing to come to her mind because she never experienced this while pregnant with Ace. She had a feeling it was just the food she had ate that's all.

"You okay?" She heard Ace in the doorway

"I'm okay baby." She said while grabbing her toothbrush

"I ca let grammy know you sick mommy" he said

"No it's fine grandma doesn't need to know. I'm not sick either."

"Okayyy" he said before running off

Amoura finished off by gargling mouthwash and went back in her room. She checked her phone and went to text a couple people back. She had saw Dre called her so she decided to return his call.

"I was in church when you called." She said the minute he picked up

"Forreal?"

"Mhm hm."

"Where you at? I'm tryn' see you."

"I'm home. With Ace."

"Id still come through but I know how you are bout your folks being there."

"Actually come." Amoura said "She wants to meet you anyway."

"Nigga..."

"So you don't want to see her? Okay."

"Nah I ain't saying that. I hate meeting people family."

"Why?"

"They be asking too much questions but ight I'll be up there ina minute."

"Lemme know when you here."

"I gotchu."

Amoura hung up and went downstairs. She didn't feel like she should hide him from her grandma or papa any longer. It was just better to get it over with rather than keep making excuses.