Prologue

The Seven, Thalia, Calypso, Rachel and Nico were invited to Olympus to receive an award from the gods for their effort in the war against Gaea. Annabeth and Percy, being the only ones to have witnessed Olympus before, were not as surprised as the others, but still equally amazed. In entering the throne room, they were greeted by the sight of the twelve Olympians, plus Hades, sitting in their respective thrones (or in Hades' case- a metal chair).

"Welcome heroes," came a booming voice from the one and only Zeus.

"Lord Zeus."

"Father."

"Thank you father."

"Zeus."

"Lord Uncle Zeus."

"Uncle King Zeus."

"Lord Zeus."

"King."

"Zeus, my Lord."

"My liege."

"Thank you, but please no 'uncle'. Lord Zeus will suffice," said Zeus. "We are here today to honour each of you in high praise. In turn, we gods have voted on what... gifts you shall each be rewarded with. We couldn't have missed the effort you have put in to help us."

"Gifts?" asked a rather embarrassed Percy.

"Yes Perseus," replied Poseidon, "Gifts."

"Thank you brother," said Zeus, "Each of you will be granted-"

"Lord! Lord Zeus!" called the breathless voice of a satyr.

"Yes?"

"My- my Lord. Lady Hecate has gotten worse- she's really angry. The Mist- the Mist has fallen sir! Hecate got rid of it! The mortals can see everything!"