Chapter 1. I almost stab my teacher

Percy Jackson

Damn gods sending us to school. Why did they send us to school you ask? Well, seeing as though we were considered heroes of the age, we were the ones sent to find the unclaimed demigods. The satyrs can't go around anymore, because the mortals would notice them. That leaves us with being sent to school. Hooray!

Note the sarcasm.

I walk into my first day back at Goode for over a year- I hadn't been back to school since Hera abducted me from Camp Half- Blood and stole my memories. Everyone was staring. Literally everyone. Thankfully, I had only missed the first two weeks of the new school year. I have to make sure that if a monster comes to Goode, I won't fight it- everyone will know I'm a demigod. Not saying that being a demigod is a bad thing, it's just that the mortals don't trust us, and have set up demigod hunting groups. I always wanted life to be even tougher.

Again, note the sarcasm.

"Hey Percy! Nice to see you back at school." yelled a voice behind be.

"Haha, very funny Mr. Blowfish." I called back.

"Percy, how many times have I told you not to call me Mr. Blowfish? Just because... he does, doesn't mean you get to."

"See ya, Mr. Blowfish."

I walk into Homeroom to my teacher, Mrs. Francis, starting to take the roll. I heard her call my name.

"Percy Jackson? He hasn't been here for the first two weeks. Probably abse-"

"Here Mrs. Francis." I reply. Being a new year, I have all new teachers and classes; I only learnt her name from my timetable.

"Mr. Jackson? So I finally get to meet Mr. Blofis' stepson. Where have you been all this time, young man?"

"Ummmm," I can't really tell her that I had off defeating Gaea- the 'Demigod Squad' would be in here in like 2 seconds flat. I hope no one noticed that I started fiddling with Riptide. Mrs. Francis must have sensed my discomfort, because she moves on. As the roll was completed, and the absences sent off, there were a few announcements.

"I'm not very sure how much Mr. Jackson knows about the new agenda, so I will explain it again," said Mrs. Francis, "It turns out that the ancient Greek gods are real, and have been living in secret. With these new turn of events, it turns out that many more creatures are still living in this world today. Some include many different types of monsters and also demigods. Demigods, or half- bloods, are a danger to society today. Although they are offspring of the gods, they look completely human and can easily destroy everything we as humans have worked for. So, please, if a demigod is found, please contact the 'Demigod Squad' so these abominations can be dealt with. The monsters do not attack mortals, so don't be too worried if you see one. Also, new classes have been added. These are Ancient Greek History and learning Ancient Greek as a language."

As the bell went and everyone left to go to their various classes, Mrs. Francis calls me up to her.

"So, would you care to explain to me where you have been? Attendance ever since you have come to this school has been very poor, and it seems to me that you don't care about that one bit."

"Well, I- I've been away. Having some recuperation. I wa- was very sick," I stuttered lamely. I knew she wouldn't believe me.

"Is that so? Well, I believe we will have to contact your mother. Again. You do need to catch up on missed work. You may go."

I walked out of the classroom and checked what I had first. Ancient Greek History with Miss Alonzo. Great. It's just what I need to get caught as a demigod. I walked in to room F6 and sat down in a seat close to the back. We start off with the roll, and me making my necessary introductions. I wasn't paying attention- why did I need to learn all this? - so I didn't notice the teacher asking me a question.

"Mr. Jackson. Mr. Jackson." calls Miss Alonzo.

"Yes miss?" I ask.

"I am asking if you know who the twelve Olympians are?!" That was easy. Time to dumb it down.

"Ummmm. Well there's Zeus and Hera; is there a Hades? Yes, I think so, but is he an Olympian? No, wait, he isn't. Um, He- Hepha- Hephaestus? Oooooh there's the wisdom goddess? Um, Athena? There's Aphrodite and Ares I think? What about the wine dude (Mr. D would kill me right now)? Dio- Dionysus? The wheat one, Demeter. Oh, the twins Artemis and Apollo. Oh, um, Hermes the wing dude. And- and- and what's the last one? (This is funny- 'forgetting' my own dad). Uh, this is really hard! Oh, wait, uh, Poseidon! That's it."

"Work on remembering those names clearly, Mr. Jackson. We do not want to upset the gods."

Next class is maths with Mrs. Francis. Yippee! I sit back and start thinking about being back at school. Damn gods. Stuff this schist school. Why can't the satyrs do our job? Oh, yeah, 'they will be too noticeable with all their limping and 'disabilities'. And now I have to try and hide the fact that I'm a demigod?

I'm thinking so hard, I don't notice the hellhound jumping through the window; not until the girls start screaming. And yes, I do think sometimes.

"Holy Hephaestus!" I scream. I completely forgot about not revealing myself to the mortal world. I uncap Riptide and run towards the hellhound. I throw the sword with all my might at the hellhound, but it jumps out of the way. The sword keeps going and instead, goes through my teacher (thankfully it was made of celestial bronze), and hits the wall behind it.

"Mr. Jackson. Wha- what's?" asks Mrs. Francis. I completely ignore her and instead try to run away from the ever- closing hellhound, but I'm not fast enough. It bowls me over and I try getting it off, when it starts trying to lick me.

"Mrs. O'Leary?" I ask. She barks as if in confirmation.

"What is it girl?" Mrs. O'Leary jumps off and starts leaning towards the wall. "You want to shadow- travel? Why though? What is it?" She just keeps leaning towards the wall. I was about to jump on her back and go with her, when I am disrupted by Mrs. Francis.

"You know this- this creature?" Then it hits her. "You're a- a demigod. Somebody quick! Call for help!"

I don't wait for someone in the class to call, and instead, jump on Mrs. O'Leary who leaps straight into the wall.

Thank you for those who encouraged me to start this book! How is it going so far? Quick question- if the seven plus Thalia, Rachel, Nico and Calypso were to be gods/goddesses, what would be their respective jobs?

Yours in demigodliness and wizardliness

-booksnerdharrypotter

    ig I @booksnerdsandharrypotter