Chapter 14. I... died?

Percy Jackson

"Annabeth! Are you okay?" I ask. When I 'resurrected', the first thing I notice was that Annabeth looks like she is in so much pain. I sprint over to her, and try to help her. Annabeth lifts her hand up weakly to mine, but then she drops it, and let's out a gasp of pain.

"Annabeth? ANNABETH! Annabeth, please. Please..." Tears start pouring down my face. She can't be dead. No, she can't be. I lie my head down on her chest, and I hear her heart beating very slowly. Too slow. "Please, help. Annabeth, no..."

"Percy, I may be able to help." Calypso says, walking forward. She holds Annabeth's hand, and starts to softly sing. Calypso sings of good times, and good health; of family and friends; of a promising future. It was beautiful. I feel Annabeth's heart beat faster, but it was still not at a normal rate.

"Percy? I'm going to go find Jason and Piper, and we might need you, Calypso." Leo says softly. Calypso gets up, and walks off to Leo.

I notice that Annabeth has her handcuffs on still, and that it appears to be bleeding around that area. I use Riptide to break the cuffs apart, and I notice the spikes that come out of them. Oh, Annabeth. She has been wearing spiked cuffs, and she tried not to tell me about it.

"Ugh, Nico. Frank. Hazel. Anyone of you, please try to contact Apollo. " I say. One of them replies with a stout, "Yes," but I'm not sure who. I can't imagine a world where Annabeth isn't in it. Although, she had to endure a few minutes thinking that I was gone, so I can't speak. I'll tell her and the others about that weird story later; if she wakes up. No, when she wakes up. I have to hold on to hope for her. Suddenly, there is a bright flash of light in the room, and a guy about my age appears. He has tanned skin, shimmering blonde hair, and startling blue eyes. Apollo.

"Ladies, gents. What are you in need of?" Apollo asks.

"Fix her, now. Please! I can't lose her..." I break down in tears.

"No need for the hysterics. I'll give you a favour."

Apollo gently takes my hands off of Annabeth, and lifts me off to the side. Another golden flash of light, and I look to see Annabeth's heart beating regularly. I nod in thanks.

"I'll fix the others, and then I'll transport you to a nearby cafe for some food. Once you've eaten, there will be some other transport that will take you to Olympus. These people don't want to anger a god." Apollo gives a little wink, then goes off to presumably fix Jason and Piper. All of a sudden, there's a flash, and the ten of us are sitting in a cafe.

Annabeth, Jason and Piper are all awake, and sort- of feeling okay, so we go to order some food and drink.

"Oh, Seaweed Brain! I thought I had lost you... but why are you still here?" Annabeth asks. I tell them what happened to me when I was 'dead.'

"I felt the pain of being struck down," I start. "I awake to find myself in the lobby area where the dead go before the Underworld. I remembered that you had to have payment to get across, when Charon, the ferry- dude, comes up to me. He stares me in the eye, and then says to me: "This is not your time, little hero, nor will it ever be." Then I woke up."

"That's so weird. Something you would do, Kelp Head." Thalia says. (Yes, I know. I completely forgot about Thalia. Lets just pretend she went with Percy and Nico?! Okay? Okay. *cries*)

"Thanks, Thals."

"How about we go find the transport? I want to go back the camp for a nice sleep." Nico says. We pay, and all walk outside to find a truck waiting for us. Annabeth and I share a knowing look.

"Oh, no." Annabeth says.

Apollo got us a ride in The Kindness International: Humane Zoo Transport Truck.

Cliffy? I hope so! The end of the book is near!

Love you guys xxx

-The author.