Chapter 10. I humiliate the devil

Piper McLean

There seems to be a boy with black, untidy hair with sea green eyes; a boy with sandy blond hair and golden eyes; another boy with curly, brown hair with horns and goat legs; and finally, a girl with luscious golden ringlets and stormy grey eyes. The girl was standing up until the blond boy struck her face so that she flew backwards. The black haired boy, who had been on the ground, slowly rose up from his position. The blond boy rose up over the girl, sword raised, when the girl said something.

"Family, Luke. You promised."

The black haired boy staggered slowly forward; with the brown haired boy rising from his position at the base of a throne. All of a sudden, the blond boy, Luke, staggered as the girl spoke again; holding a dagger in her hand.

"Promise."

Luke spoke but in a different voice. It was softer; kinder. "Annabeth..." He started shaking. "You're bleeding..."

The girl, Annabeth, spoke again. "My knife." She tried to raise the knife, but dropped it. Staring at the black haired boy, Annabeth spoke. "Percy, please..."

Percy walked forward and picked up the knife; knocking the sword out of Luke's hand. He stepped forward.

"Don't touch her."

Luke's voice changed back to the deeper tone, "Jackson..."

Luke gasped. "He's changing. Help. He's... he's almost ready. He won't need my body anymore. Please-"

"NO!" Luke screamed in the deeper voice; his whole being changing. He was trying to reach his sword that had been flung into the coals of a nearby hearth; knocking Percy against a throne with a resounding crack. 

"The knife, Percy," Annabeth muttered; her breathing slowing down. "Hero... cursed blade..."

Luke- still with the golden glow that had been surrounding him- tried picking up his sword, but bellowed in pain when his hands started smoking. Luke collapsed- back to his normal self. "Please, Percy..."

Suddenly, the dream ended. For some reason, it had given me a sense of foreboding and a feeling as if something was wrong. I went back to sleep trying to forget about the dream.

I woke up a few hours later.

Yippee! I was back at the Wilderness school. Stuck with that mean, little piece of-

Sorry, I meant the delightful, Stacey Vain. A.K.A 'Queen Bee' of the school. She also happens to be my dorm mate. I'm stuck here with her clothes littering the floor, makeup staining the bathroom, and her having parties until 3am in our dorm. I tell you- it's not fun. I think she's slept with every boy in the school, and then broken up with them the very next day. Stacey's like the perfect Aphrodite child.

"Uh, you're back." Stacey says as I walk back into my dorm. It's been about a year since I've been here, but they've kept my room just for me.

"Yes, I am back." I reply.

"Did you know that I'm a daughter of Aphrodite? That makes me higher on the ladder than you, so I expect you to not make me upset." I guess that they don't really care if you're a demigod here, but I still have to keep myself hidden. Dam (intentional) gods and their idiotic antics. No offence intended in that comment.

"Oh, really? What does being a demigod entail?" I learnt 'entail' from Annabeth.

"A child of Aphrodite doesn't need to do anything. We leave all the fighting to the Ares' kids. We are all really pretty and like to wear makeup." This girl knows nothing about being a demigod. Obviously she isn't one, and I definitely don't want to have her as a sister.

*le time skip to next night 'cause I'm lazy like that*

Stacey is having another one of her parties in our dorm tonight. She's making me stay so I can be her 'waitress'. I really don't know if I can hold up this façade (another of Annabeth's words) of being mortal.

"Hun," says the devil, "I need you to go get the alcohol that I hid in behind the bookshelf." I glare at her as I go to collect the stash. "Maybe you should wipe that glare off of your face. It makes your face even uglier."

"Says you. Not even ol' beef head would think you're pretty." I reply in anger.

"I am a daughter of Aphrodite and that means I am like double prettier than you are." I get out Katoptris and fling it at Stacey's hand. It passes right through.

"You are no demigod; no child of Aphrodite."

"Who- who are you?" asks Stacey's boyfriend, James.

"I am Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite. I am one of the seven in the Second Great Prophecy; I am a charmspeaker; and ex- owner of the cornucopia. I have defeated Khione, Medea and countless monsters. I am the wielder of Katoptris; the counselor of cabin 10; and a survivor of the Nymphaeum. I am a bane of Gaea and a heroine of Olympus." Abruptly, a golden flash lights up the room. The flash takes on the form of a woman.

"Mother."

"My dear, Piper! We must get going! I have to take you to Percy's house because Annabeth has been kidnapped. I love such a tragic romance!" Mum says.

"You didn't have anything to do with it, did you?"

"Oh, no! Of course not. Actually, before we go to Percy's house, I have to send you on a little detour. It's time you saw your boyfriend again."

I know I said that I will update every three days, but I felt like updating today.

I desperately need ideas for the book and how/ if Annabeth gets rescued. Actually, that's only if I want her rescued. MWAHAHAHHAHA.

Sorry about that.

Vote, comment, spaz, fangirl.

Peace bruhs,

-booksnerdharrypotter

ig I booksnerdsandharrypotter