Chapter 16. The final gift

Listen to the video in the media while reading this- it makes it more worthwhile.

Jason Grace

The truck ride is... interesting. Percy and Annabeth apparently have bad memories on this truck. Something about a lion, zebra and a mad chase around America? I don't know exactly, as they seem kind of reluctant to talk about it.

It doesn't take to long to reach the Empire State Building, but with ADHD demigods and a nymph/goddess thing, it seems to take forever. We walk into the lobby to find the doorman sitting behind his desk, reading a book that strangely looked like Harry Potter. Percy and a weak Annabeth proceed to walk up to him, and demand entrance to the six hundredth floor.

"Ain't no six hundredth floor, kids. You be goin' off now, and annoy someone else with your crackpot story." replies the doorman.

"Dude, the Mist is down, and do you really want to have everyone monster in over a mile radius come find us? Let alone, make the gods angry?" Percy says angrily.

"Okay, okay. Go on up."

Following the others, we all hop into the elevator, and Piper swipes the key- card the doorman gave her. While in the elevator on the trip up to Olympus, we had to listen to the song Stayin' Alive. The gods, mainly Apollo, really need to think of getting better music for demigods travelling to their home court. As soon as we hear the ding, everyone silently shuffles out, quietly wondering what the gods want. Is it about the gift that they were going to give us?

As we start to cross the bridge between Olympus and America, Thalia abruptly stops, and almost refuses to cross. Slowly, after a mental war with herself, she crosses ever so carefully.

As it did the first time I visited here, Olympus amazes me. The grandeur and splendour of it, along with the cleanliness. We walk past a young girl; maybe a minor goddess? I'm thinking Hebe, but you can never be sure. She gave a little wave, and went back to what she was doing prior. Slowly, each of  us keep walking up the pathway to the Throne Room. It doesn't take too long, but it seems to take an hour to reach the Room, whereas it is probably only 10minutes.

"Hey, took you long enough." says a voice that I recognise as Rachel.

"How did you get here?" asks Annabeth.

"Apollo. He got me out of that... institution. They're all waiting for you inside, but I thought I'd wait for you out here." Rachel starts leading us inside to the Throne Room. Sitting ahead of us was my dad in Greek form,  Zeus, and next to him was Hera. Sitting on Zeus' other side was Poseidon, Ares, Hephaestus, Dionysus, Apollo and Hermes. Sitting on Hera's other side, was Athena, Demeter, Artemis and Aphrodite. By the hearth in the room, I can see another young girl sitting there. I think it's Vesta, wait, Hestia. Hades was also sitting on his metal chair in the corner.

Slowly, we all walk up and bow to each god and goddess respectively.

"So, heroes, we once again welcome you. As of this moment, Hecate is fixing the Mist, and modifying the memories of the mortals." Zeus starts.

"Father," I interrupt. "How are we going to explain this... mishap?"

"The mortals will remember this as a world wide prank and illusion by some criminals. Nobody will remember that the gods are real. Before this... problem occurred, you were here to be rewarded with gifts. As you know, it was a majority vote, and we believe you deserve no less. Hera?"

"Heroes, we have decided to make you gods."

Cliffy? I hope so.

Bye! 👋

-booksnerdharrypotter