Chapter 11. My girlfriend crashes the party

Jason Grace

I wake up to the sound effects of the neighbor's lawn mower going. It' very loud- not a good way to start my first day back at school. I get dressed, eat breakfast and start walking to school. I think about Piper as I walk to school, and I could almost hear Lady Venus in my head, squealing. I miss Pipes, I miss her loving smile and her way of knowing what I'm thinking.

Walking into the office, I receive my timetable and wait there for the person giving me the tour. A door opens, and a girl walks into the office. Uh, it's one of those popular girls who think they're everything.

"Hey, cutie. I'm here to give you a tour around school," She says, "I'm Gracie by the way. And you are?"

"Uh- I- uh I'm Jason. Also, I do have a girlfriend." Gracie just shrugs at my reply.

"Good for you, sweetie."

Gracie shows me my locker and has to do the lock because of my dyslexia. I organize all my books and set off for the morning assembly. I walk in to find a group of people standing in front of a sign that says 'Dgmeiod tstineg'. I looked harder, and found it to read 'Demigod Testing.' Oh, schist!

"Students, please line up in year- level order and follow all directions given to you by your particular official. We will be scanning you one at a time, and then any found demigods will be taken away for your safety." Says an official- looking person. I'm done for. Literally done for.

I walk up to the line that I am supposed to be in, and take my place up the back. A hundred different excuses are running through my mind of how I can get out of this. Each one is least realistic than the one before. In no time at all, I'm up the front of the line. I start walking forward, when the windows shatter everywhere.

"Sparky! Where are you?" I turn around to see Piper standing there with glass falling down around her.

"Pipes!" I yell, "I'm over here!" Piper comes running towards me when she was stopped by one of the officials.

"And who would you be?" asks the official.

"Piper McLean. What's it to you?" Piper replies.

"Just seems to me that you fit the perfect description of a demigod. I'm just going to have to check you."

"What? Let-"

"None of that now, demigod." I look in shock as Piper is injected with something from a needle that the official had just taken out of her arm.

"Pipes! Piper! Pipe-" I yell as a sharp sting pains my arm. I start falling to the ground as everything turns black.   

I wake up in a dank, dark place. The first thing I notice is the pain throughout my wrists. I look up to see my wrists cuffed to the wall by cuffs that had sharp spikes. The pain I feel from the little spikes was unimaginable. Imagine getting a needle, now times that pain by 10000000. That's what it feels like. I hear a rustling coming from the left of my cell.

"Piper? Is that you?" I ask.

"J- J- J- Jason?" asks a voice that is definitely not Piper. It's Annabeth.

"Annabeth? How did... you get h- here? Where's P- Piper?"

"She- she can't talk... she's been gag- gagged."

"Why? Why... are we here?"

"Experiments." I can hear how weakly she speaks. It's the voice of someone dying. "Want... to get rid... of demigods." I process this. How can someone do that to other people? That's just wrong. 

I hear the sound of feet walking down the concrete hallway; the rattle of keys; the chink of the moving door.

"No... n-n-no..." Annabeth mutters. I hear her sharp intake of breath as the little spikes from the cuffs are removed from her wrists. "P-please... no..."

And then all I could hear was silence. Until the screaming started.

I know, I know. The chapter was horrible.

Thank you for all the reads and votes! Please keep vommenting! (I'm not sure about that word yet)>

Love,

-booksnerdharrypotter

ig I booksnerdsandharrypotter