I have some visitors

Ok, notice right here~
If you haven't read the first book I highly suggest you do so, and not just for views or votes, but because this has decidedly become the sequel, and things that happened in the first will be mentioned a lot. Namely starting with this chapter. Thank you so much! Happy reading!

~

I didn't know three days could feel so long, but somehow I made it. A weekend break so soon after winter break seems kind of cruel though. I roll my eyes at myself and check my phone. Gray said he'd bring us some lunch back to the dorms because we have to work on a project together. He said he'd be back by one at the latest. It's already twenty past one, and the volume of my stomach rivals that of a dragon's roar. I look down at the assignment paper and groan. My stomach twists unhappily in response, so I start pacing the room. Sneaking peeks over at Gray's side of the room, I remember his stash of cookies we kept mysteriously finding at our door. They had Gray's face on it, so he never wanted either of us to eat them, but I never saw him actually throw them out.

"Ahh, screw you Gray," I mutter to the ceiling.

As if an answer from heaven, I hear someone knock on the door. Thinking with my stomach I practically rip open the door, screaming, "about time, or your sweet, delicious face would be a goner... Gajeel?" My eyes shoot open in shock.

"Please- don't explain. We will never speak of that again." The buff guy replies in a rough voice, and makes his way past me into my dorm room.

"Gajeel? What are you doing here?" I follow him and close the door behind me.

"Escaping my own room. Did you know they forced a roommate on me?! The nerve of that Master..." Gajeel slumps down on Gray's blue beanbag chair and makes himself right at home.

"Really? What happened?" I resume my seat on the floor and lean against my bed.

"That idiot Bixlow... Apparently someone set off a stink bomb in his room-"

"And they're blaming you?" I interrupt, surprised. Stink bombs really aren't Gajeel's style.

"Nah, you know me. Pretty sure Bixlow's the one who accidentally set off his own stink bomb, but he came out as the sabotaged victim. And now he's forced to room with me, since I have the only spare bed. It's not my fault there are less male dorms than female dorms!" Gajeel twitches his nose in disgust.

"So he moved in already?"

"Date's set for tomorrow, and I am not looking forward to it," grunts Gajeel.

Something pops into my head, and with wide eyes I slowly say, "Gajeel. He'll see your guitar."

Gajeel's eyes widen at that. "Shit, how will I practice now? It's safe for now since it's under my bed in its case. But where will I get to fucking play my guitar!?"

I rack my brain for solutions to calm this beast. "Well, there is a music room in this school that's never used..."

"Exactly! People will see me entering!"

"What about the old storage room?" I offer.

"It reeks of gym equipment in there." He retorts. I bite my lip, running out of ideas.

"Wait! There's a room on the top floor of the main building that's totally clear of supplies and stuff. There's maybe like one desk in there? But no one ever goes in!"

Gajeel raises an eyebrow. "Doesn't that sound a little suspicious to you? And how do you expect me to lug my guitar up all those stairs?"

"You can handle it!" I yell just as someone knocks on the door again. I look at Gajeel, but he gives me a look that says something like, your room, your guests. "This better be good," I grumble.

"Oh it's better than good!" My face lights up in excitement when I spy the Angel descending from heaven bearing gifts of fast food.

"Sup Gray," Gajeel says casually behind me. I swoop all the food from Gray's arms and place it on the floor. Gray laughs, fist pounds Gajeel, and sits on the edge of his bed.

"Oh Natsu," he starts as I tear open all the bags of delicious, greasy burgers. "There's one thing-"

I look into each of the bags, feeling my face heat up with rage and disappointment, both fueled by hunger.

"WHERE. IS. THE. HOT SAUCE???"

Gray glares at me, "they didn't have any more, man! You practically drained them dry last time we went! I looked everywhere. Even the condiments thingy upstairs!"

I calm down a little after hearing that. Gray was willing to go up those dumb stairs to look for my hot sauce. Now that's a good friend. Gray, Gajeel, and I settle down and dig in. It's a good thing Gray thought to buy extra. Don't get me wrong, I could eat this all by myself, even Gray's portion, but we didn't want Gajeel to be left out. I'm about to bite into my second hamburger when yet again there's a knocking at the door.

"I guess third time's the charm," I grumble, standing. I talk as I walk over to the door and slowly open it, "since I've had such good luck answering the door..."

The food drops out of Gray and Gajeel's mouths as the three of us stare at our unexpected visitor.

"Hi, Natsu." The small greeting-wave of a hand snaps me out of the slight surprise-induced trance.

"Lisanna?"

~

"Lisanna? What are you doing here?" I my mouth drops in shock. "How did you even get up here? We're in the boy's dorms."

"You know nobody really cares about that, right?" Lisanna rolls her eyes. "And I don't care if the Master knows. I just came to ask if I could talk to you." She looks down at her hands, which are held together in front of her.

"Uhh, see Gray and I were supposed to work on a project-" I murmur.

"Go ahead! I can help Gray here," Gajeel says loudly, clearly not understanding my predicament.

"So?" Lisanna says softly. I groan inwardly, grab my key, and follow her out.

This better be good, I think. I didn't even get to eat more than one burger! Gray and Gajeel are sure to finish them before I get back! Nooooo!!! Grrr.

We stop walking when we get to the park benches outside the dorms. When we sit I ask, "so what did you want to talk about?"

Lisanna looks at her hands again, her eyes shimmering. "I just wanted to... clear some things up. Lucy's a good person, you know, so I'm sure she wouldn't have-"

"This is going to be about Lucy?!" I interrupt quickly. My senses seem to become more alert at the sound of her name. Lisanna fidgets in her seat next to me, thoughts churning.

"I... I just wanted to tell you things I'm sure Lucy won't." She bites her lip.

I blink in surprise. "What's that supposed to mean? Is Lucy keeping more secrets from me!?"

Lisanna waves her hands in front of her face. "It's not like that, I promise! She's a good person. I just wanted to tell you what really happened... The night of the dance."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~