I loose consciousness... and my cat.

My eyes squint open as a faint light cuts through the dark, and someone forcefully opens the door. I decide to close my eyes again rather than make myself known, hiding back under the pink blankets, when I hear a small sob. The desk light comes on again, and I vaguely wonder what time it is.

"Lu-chan, it's ok. You don't need to cry," I hear the soft voice of Levy. Wait, what?

Another sob escapes her lips. "I-I know. I'm just so mad at him!" She hiccups between her words, causing my heart to clench. I would punch whoever made Lucy cry one hundred times over.

"Who, Natsu?" Scratch that... Wait, WHAT? My leg jerks reflexively, but they don't seem to notice.

"It's just so infuriating! I was so scared tonight, Levy-chan. I'm glad you were there..."

"I'm just glad I picked up the phone! I can't believe Cana, leaving you alone at a party like that!" Levy stamps her foot indignantly, and I feel like doing the same. There are times when our alcoholic friend is actually dangerous, and leaving our Lucy alone at a house party is definitely one of those times.

Lucy hiccups again. "She didn't mean to leave me alone, but Bacchus came by and they had things they needed to talk about... And at least she gave me her key before she left, since mine doesn't work or something..."

"Speaking of..." Levy starts. "There are some things I know you need to talk about... with a certain pinkette."

Salmon, I can't help thinking. "Salmon," I hear Lucy say with a small laugh. "That's what he'd say if he were here..." My heart soars at the fact that she's thinking of me like that. Luce defended me... she knew what I'd say...

"That doesn't matter! What matters is that he hurt you!" Levy cries, clearly angry at me. My soaring heart gets shot down and crashes to the ground.

"Well the only reason he's able to hurt me is because I care about him!" Lucy shouts back. "I care about that baka, and it's just biting me in the butt. I miss him, Levy. I miss him. But he's never there, and we never talk anymore, so what's the point?"

I feel something wet on my cheek, and slowly move my hand to my face, just to confirm that it is a tear.

"But you know what makes it all worse?" Lucy asks, not expecting an answer. "The fact that he cared about me, too. That he told me he'd prove it. He said he'd help me when things went south. But he's far too dense to realize how much... how much shit has hit the fan! I thought he could be there for me. I thought he changed. I actually thought I was special enough to him to change him! I'm the real baka in all of this, aren't I? Isn't that right, Levy?" She breaks down in tears, and I squeeze my eyes shut, feeling more tears slip out.

"Oh, Lu-chan..." Her best friend sighs, and hopefully pulls her into a hug. That's what I want to do right now, but I'm sure she'd kill me if she saw me now.

"What hurts is that he promised. He told me that he would help me in my time of need, but instead he ignores me completely while he helps Lisanna find her book! The thing is, I don't even hate Lisanna. I can't anymore, not after she apologized."

"What?" Levy asks. "I never heard a single apology out of Lisanna's mouth."

Lucy sighs. "Guess I didn't tell you. I found Lisanna's fabled notebook."

I gasp, and thankfully Levy gasps at the same time. Lucy was the one who found the notebook!

"What was in it?"

"A lot of insulting things about almost everyone in Fairy Tail. I don't want to get into detail about it, but the important thing is that she expressed her guilt about everything in it."