I- no... We're saved

I rolled over and was greeted by a mouthful of sand. Certainly a harsh wakeup call to quickly remind me of the current situation. Spitting and coughing, I remember the dangerous and horrible aspects of my current situation. Then I hear a small sigh from next to me, and remember the wonderful parts of all this.

It wouldn't be enough to just say Luce is the light of my life now. But it'd be accurate. I don't know if I've expressed to her how much I've thought about this in depth, but maybe that's because I lose all train of thought when I see her. Lucy is my light. I realize now that I was in a bad place those years I spent basically taking advantage of girls. All I had to do was stand up and say loudly that I was hungry, or that I wanted a certain video game, and food would appear in my hand. A gift would appear outside my door. I didn't even think of how wrong that was.

Before Lisanna came back, I was recovering from Grandeeny's death. When school started up I was swept into it all, forced to abandon that shield of grief I had all summer. Lisanna and I dated for about three months at the beginning of the school year. We broke up the winter of freshman year, around the anniversary of Grandeeny's death. She couldn't have known much about the incident, but around that time I always became a little more sensitive. We said some things, shouted some things, and whispered some things. In the end I decided it would be better I just go solo, and worked on building that shield again, just in a different way. Rather than becoming indifferent to the world, I became numb to girls' feelings towards me. Except for Lucy. When she called me out that day outside the dorms it felt like a slap to the face. She yelled at me a little for brushing her off, then turned her back and walked away. I couldn't ignore that. So I opened up. I made her mine, and gave myself to her. I let myself go.

I also let myself go last night. With the both of us overflowing with emotion and wrapped in each other's arms I'm not surprised something happened. Actually, I think the most surprising thing of last night was finding out Lucy was not as pure as tabloids might want to think. Not only was that girl not a virgin, but she had some tricks up her sleeve... And I definitely do not want an earful from her father about defiling her.

I sit up and glance over at her sleeping form. Just as beautiful as she was last night, and every night since I met her. The sun is up and hanging low in the sky. Taking a deep breath, I place a hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"Luce, I'm sorry to wake you, but you should probably get up now. We need to get back somehow. Luce..." I gently rub her shoulder, but revert to sudden shakes when she doesn't move. "WAKE. UP. PLEASE. LUCY!"

"AHHH I'M UP!!" She sits up with a jolt, sending sand flying from her back. "Oh, thank god Natsu. I had the weirdest dream..."

"Did it involve getting stranded on an island?" I ask, knowing the feeling.

"No, why?" She asks, forgetting for a moment where we are. "Oh, right. Well..." She opens her mouth to ask a question, but is interrupted by the sound of a very unhappy stomach. Her face flushes as she wraps her arms around her midsection.

"We didn't get to eat dinner yesterday, and now we're missing breakfast. I wonder what they're serving at the resort..." I start to salivate, thinking of crisp bacon, warm sausages, and golden waffles.

Lucy seems to share my daydream until she suddenly grabs my arm. "Oh my god, the resort... our friends! Do you think they've been looking for us?"

"Ahh shit, they must be worried out of their minds." I quickly look around us again, and thankfully spot the rowboat from yesterday safely on shore. It's probably bad for the boat somehow to have been dragged so far onto the beach, but it's better than leaving it to float aimlessly on the ocean.

"How are we going to get back?" Lucy asks, the worry evident in her tone.

"I'm not sure. Right now it seems like our best bet would be for someone to find us, but who knows how long that will take. Nobody knows where to look."