"I never meant to fall this far but here I am"

With a confident smile, Bixlow stands up and walks to the front of the room. Blowing a kiss to the class, he leaves to go pick a rose out of a hat. I wonder how many girls in our class actually gave their rose to him. Suddenly, I remember what I said to Gajeel.

"Maybe he slipped them in his roommate's bag?" I whisper out loud. Minutes later, the loudspeaker turns on again.

"Bixlow has picked his Valentine's Date! One lucky... Lisanna Strauss!!! Come on down to the office little lady!"

All eyes and chairs turn to look at Lisanna at the back of the room. She hides her face in her hands, so I can't tell if she's blushing or not. Some girls give her looks as if she was the luckiest person ever. Shyly, she pushes her books into her bag and stands up. When she passes my desk she seems to pause for a second, but I don't look at her. Then she's gone.

"I thought she gave her rose to you, Natsu," Gray thinks aloud.

"I guess not," I shrug back. I'm not upset or anything, just curious how Lisanna gave her flower to someone like Bixlow. "Did he trick her? Or blackmail her? Is he going to do something horrible? Did he steal her rose?"

Gray laughs, "or maybe she gave him her rose of her own will, Natsu."

"Well, I heard that Bixlow was aiming to get the most roses. I can just picture him going around trying to seduce random girls." I shiver.

"Oh yeah, I heard that too. Bixlow was really intent on beating you this year," Gray says casually.

"Why didn't you tell me!? And why?" I turn in my chair to face him and accidentally knock a book down.

From the front of the classroom, the teacher clears her throat. "I know it's all so exciting, but if you could pay attention up here, there are still fifteen minutes of class left." So she keeps teaching during those fifteen minutes, but my mind is as far away from the class as it could be. What reason could Bixlow have to want to beat me? I've literally never spoken to him...

"Natsu... Natsu!" Gray nudges me again. "Class is over, man. We get let out a little early today, remember?" I shake myself out of my thoughts and pick up the book on the floor. I sling my backpack over one shoulder and follow Gray out. "You driving home today? Or are you gonna chill with us?"

I look up at the clock. "I guess I can hang out for a while. It's still a holiday, technically."

~

Gray, Cana, Juvia, Erza, Lucy, and I all stand by the front gates of the campus, shivering in our boots. Well, Gray isn't shivering, but then again his body is cold normally. Light, powdery snow falls around us, melting as it hits the ground, or turning into slush.

"Why can't we go to Love & Lucky today again?" Cana asks, her teeth chattering.

Lucy pouts, "because Aries and Loke went on some dumb cruise to some warm island and she didn't give me the keys." We all groan.

"Can we just go to Natsu's place?" Gray volunteers me. I shrug.

"If my Aunt is there, you're not going to want to stay." Not caring, everyone walks over to the parking lot, where we split up into Gray's car or my car. Erza takes shotgun next to me, and Lucy sits in the back, resting her head against the window. I turn on the heat as soon as I can, and watch the defrosters melt the ice on my windshield. As we drive, the car warms off. Pulling into my driveway, I see that Gray already parked on the sidewalk.

"Thank god for car heaters," Cana growls as she enters the freezing cold air again. With numb fingers, I quickly unlock my front door, and we file in.