Born Again

I have been born again.

I started over.

It's like, who I was before, never existed. I've done what I was supposed to, only to get where I am now. New York, the Big Apple.

Nothing I knew before exists with me today. I can start over without thinking of the past. Not a thing or breathing body is where I exist today that needs to know of me before. 

I went to college for two years at the New School here in New York, New York. All I needed was a Bachelors for my Art Directing job that paid quintessentially well.

I take a big breath and walk into the glass doors of my new job that was 25 stories high. The whole building was made into glass. As I stood in the window, sipping hot tea that was soothing the strep throat I was ridding of all week, a handful of ladybugs ran into the window I was facing.

They were hovering over a ground that was 10 stories high. Insects like such don't go above the ground this far. This is good luck I thought to myself. All these ladybugs are giving me a life of luck. I go back to my studio and begin to rearrange my newly taken pictures from oldest to newest.

"Knock, knock," my new assistant sang from the door frame. His name was Klaus and he's from Germany. His hair was shaved on one side and slicked to the other side. He's a pretty cute guy, but not my type. "Need anything? Coffee, donuts, and date to anywhere,"

Did I mention how flirty he was?

I lean on my desk and smile. "No thank you, Klaus. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"No," he laughs stepping in. "Boss says there will be a group of guys coming in tomorrow for a photo shoot. He wants you to be the Art Director for tomorrow and I'll be there with you for any assistance. The set design is up to you,"

"Who's photographing?" I ask.

I shrugs. "Some new guy. I think his name is Adam or something. This egg head guy. He seems pretty chill. Ask for his portfolio when you see him, he's pretty illustrious here in New York,"

I nod. "Thanks,"

He leaves and heads back to his desk closing my blurred glass door behind them that had my name engraved in it.

Before I head home for the day, I finish up a little project I'm working on in photoshop. I drive home in the common New York traffic with abhorrent taxi drivers that flooded the streets.

My condo wasn't far from my job, it was just raining today and walking wasn't an option for me today. I hate the rain. Its only best as a soundtrack to fall asleep to.

I lived in the Manhattan Skylines, top floor, which had the largest bedrooms. Although I had two bedrooms, I didn't mind living alone since I had a 2 month old German Shepard that kept me company.

I sat my Macbook on the marble counter top and fed Shep. His name is Shep, don't judge. My phone had plenty notifications that will take at least half an hour to read over. Most of them social network notifications, the least of them business things.

Before heading to bed, I watched a bit of TV. Tomorrow was going to be eventful, I had to get my sleep in.

(A/N: As you can tell, Arabella is a business type of woman now. I'm so excited for this story. I hope you are too!

The guy in the picture is Klaus btw.)