Cocoa Butter Kisses

Arabella POV

I make my way down to the kitchen and fix myself a cup of coffee and drink like 4 cups in total.

Chris comes down an hour later looking confused and lost.

"You came home at like 3:30 in the morning. What were you doing? Did you get lost or something?"

"What makes you think I came here that early in the morning?" I ask sipping my coffee.

"When you came and hopped in the bed, I Iooked over at the clock and it was 3:30am,"

"Oh, well, after I went to get my iced coffee I went over to the bar and had a few drinks,"

"Oh,"

"Coffee?"

"Sure," he says taking a seat. "What's that on your hand?"

"A number," I say emotionless. "It's Sabrina's number,"

His face falls after I hand him his coffee. "You're shitting me. You are shitting. Me,"

"I asked for it and she gave it to me since you didn't want to give me it. She seems like a nice person and I want to get to know her,"

"So you're giving me a heads up that you plan on cheating on me?" He stands.

"I'm not gonna do anything with her. We're just gonna hang and catch a movie or something," I smile.

"Why are you smiling? You came here to tell me the truth, I believe you, and I still love you. Then, you get the number from the girl that I was fucking. Makes no sense, Bells. Usually, you should be wanting to stay the hell away from her as much as possible to keep yourself from kicking her ass. That's what the normal girlfriend would do,"

"You're overreacting. I don't want her,"

"Sure you don't. Do we have to have this conversation again?"

I could hear the frustration in his voice. "What conversation?"

"About me wanting to be with you for the rest of my life. About me making you my wife. I'm starting to think that you're using me--"

"Using you? What the fuck do you think you have to offer to me?!" I yell. "I make half a million a year, Chris?! And what the fuck do you think you have to offer, huh? Your love? Your everything? Enough with that baby shit! Most people say 'He's no good for you. You're way to good for him',"

"Is that what you think of me? No good for you? I give you all I can, Arabella. If all I do is not good enough, I will try my damnest--"

"No, Chris, you don't have to do anything more than what you do. I love you for all that you are, and all that you do. I will never give you up for anything. I got fired for wanting to come down here. I didn't give a damn about getting fired because I knew it would be worth it,"

"You got fired?"

"I did. I mean I know I'm going to get it back but yeah. I got fired for you, babe,"

He grabs my waist and pulls me to him. "I love you,"

"I love you more,"

"That's not possible but whatever you say, love,"

He kisses me once. "Chris?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Do you really want to marry me?"

"I do, more than anything. I've loved you since the day I met you basically and I think that I could be a good husband to you. I'll do anything and everything. But, you have to promise me that you'll be mine forever. None of that divorce shit. When I think of marriage, I think of being with that person for life. I see you being that person. But the question is, do you feel that same way?"

I take a breath sitting him on the kitchen chair, taking a seat on his lap. I wrap my arm around his neck and his around my waist. "I love you, more than anything, more than life. You are so good to me and I'm genuinely surprised that you want me--"

"Surprised that I want you? You're my dream girl,"

"I say this because I see the girls that you follow on Instagram and they're just like you with the makeup and the horror fanatics. Pale skin and all black clothing all the time,"

"Yeah, but I don't want them. You are different than me and that's what makes me love you like I do. Opposites attract, babe. It would be dumb of me to let you go over some differences. You are beautiful, babe. On top of that, you have a good heart,"

I scoff. "I'm gonna go shower,"

"No, come back," he says pulling me back on his lap. "Now listen, no more of these talks okay? We need to let each other know that we will always be each other's number one. We shouldn't have to worry about losing one another,"

I nod kissing him. He licks his pierced lips and taps my thigh letting me know that I can shower.

"I love you, baby!" He yells as I walk up the stairs.

"I love you, too!"

We have a wonderful future ahead of us, I can feel it.