}{ Chapter One }{

You sat against the cold brick building in the dark of night. Your [h/c] hair fell into your lap as you looked down, careful not to draw attention to yourself. It was nighttime, very few people wandered the London streets at this hour. In fact, you were currently the only one on the street. You repositioned yourself against the wall, the two swords strapped to your back were digging into you. You thanked yourself for remembering to sheath your swords in scabbards because having blades slicing into your back would be pretty uncomfortable.

You mentally went over the assignment you were given. Kill the man with the silver case. Quite simple, usually you get more information than that, but it would do. Of course you got the time and place were he'd be, but you had no idea who this man was and you had no intention of finding out.

You kept your head down, staring a your brown boots. You slightly tilted your head towards the sound of shoes coming towards you. By the way they sounded as they hit the street, you assumed whoever was nearing you was wearing dress shoes. Probably some rich man who felt sorry for the little girl alone on the dark cold streets.

You kept your eyes down. The sound stopped, you could see the toes of the black dress shoes in your view. They were an inch or two away from your boots. Your eyes trailed passed the shoes, up black trousers, to a black tailcoat and grey vest, then finally to a face. A handsome male looked down at you. "You have incredible skills with those swords you carry around on your back. I'd like to offer you a position. Room and board would be included. No experience necessary." He leaned closer to your ear and whispered, "I'll teach you everything you need to know." He leaned back.

You looked into his red eyes, forgetting the assignment you were sent on for a second. "Who are you?" You were confused to why a stranger was talking to you. Was he sent to disrupt my assignment? You thought.

He smirked and bowed, "I am merely one hell of a butler."

You snorted and stood up, "Is that your catch phrase you something?"

He continued, ignoring your comment. "You'll receive regular wages plus incentive pay, and twice-yearly bonuses."

"What are you trying to do?" You asked.

"Simply trying to follow the orders my Young Master gave me." He grabbed your hand as it inched towards your back, "No need to get your swords out."

His grip was tight, you lightly pulled back. He let go and tilted his head to the side as he smiled, his black hair moved slightly to the side, "Shall we be going?"

You stopped focusing on the Weirdo and looked at the man who walked out of the building you had been watching for the past two hours. His hand tightly gripped a sliver suit case, his eyes wandered around the streets nervously. "Excuse me." You bluntly said and pushed the Weirdo aside. You quickly grabbed the gun out of your boot and aimed for the man's head. You blinked and let out a single breath before taking the man's life.

The Weirdo frowned, "So messy."

You slid the gun back into the boot and started to walk away. "Quick and simple though," you spoke, assuming the man was following you.

You were right, he was walking behind you. You could now barely hear his footsteps against the brick street. "Aren't you the least bit curious to what was in that case?" The man asked.

"Whatever was in there got him killed. I like my brains in one piece, thank you very much." You walked around a corner.

"You aren't curious about the job I offer you? A young lady such as yourself must be looking for other jobs than the one you currently hold."

You turned to face him, "All right, first of all, don't call me 'Young Lady' and second of all, why is a strange man offering me a job in the middle of the night?"

"I am merely trying to fulfill my Master's orders."

"And who exactly is this 'Young Master' you speak of?" You crossed you arms and once again, stared at the pale butler.

"Ciel Phantomhive."

"And what are you? His pet?"

He snorted, "I am Sebastian Michaelis, loyal servant to my Master."

"You sound like a robot repeating the few lines it has memorized."

He frowned and glared at you. You smiled, "I'll think about it. I'm sure you'll be able to find me. Come to me in a few days, then you'll have your answer. That is of course if you still want me, if you don't, well then goodbye forever." You gave him a smirk and mentally smiled to yourself as annoyance crept up his face.

But within a second it was gone and he returned to his inscrutable facial expression. "I will see you then Miss [l/n]."
<::::::::::::{===O O===}::::::::::::>
I hope you like the first chapter. Please vote and comment, I'd really appreciate it!
I did use a few quotes from the anime in the chapter. I tried to make Sebastian sound like Sebastian, but I don't know how to talk fancy. Sorry for any mistakes, but like I said before, I hope you liked it!

WTF Black Butler Moment:
Ciel in Wonderland.