}{ Chapter Three }{

You followed the three servants as they made turn after turn in the long hallways that filled the mansion. You snuck quick peaks into rooms as you passed by. They were so big and so fancy. The furniture filling them were beautiful. Each time you looked into a room, you saw the grounds from the window. So green and large. How could one boy and four servants take up this enormous house? You thought to yourself, then realized that the others had quickened their pace. You jogged to catch up to them.

You stopped when they stopped. They stood in a line, shoulder to shoulder, in front of Sebastian. You stood next to Mey-Rin and hid your hands behind your back. You assumed that the boy was coming down soon and didn't want him to see your nasty hands that held the story of the many people you've killed.

"Mr. Beaumont is visiting us again for another meeting with the Young Master. We must prepare for him." He turned his heels so he was looking at Bard, "Baldroy, please prepare lunch for the guest and the Young Master."

Bard saluted Sebastian.

The butler turned to face Finny, "Finnian, please clean up the estates gardens."

Finny gave a broad smile and nodded his head.

Then Sebastian turned to you and Mey-Rin. "Mey-Rin, please clean the mansion and show   [f/n] how to take care of the mansion."

Mey-Rin bowed, you followed.

"Go get to it, there's a lot to be done." Sebastian waved his hand, signaling for you to leave.

"All this for one man?" You whispered into Mey-Rin's ear as you walked away.

"[f/n]," Sebastian called after you, "please come back."

You turned around to face the butler. Mey-Rin gave you an encouraging nod before you approached Sebastian. "Yes?"

"The Young Master would like to meet you." Sebastian said.

You nodded and once again hid your hands behind your back. You watched the stairs carefully as a young boy descended them. He looked rather short for a teenage boy, you were at least an inch taller than him. That must put a damper on his ego, you thought to yourself. As he came closer you saw that his hair was dark navy blue and that his left eye was blue. His right eye made curiosity boil in your stomach, a black eyepatch with a single cord was strapped against the eye.

The boy stopped in front of Sebastian as the butler whispered something into the boy's ear. He nodded and approached you. "I am Ciel Phantomhive, Earl of the Phantomhive family."

His hand rested on a walking cane, his fingers were grasped around a silver skull. You bowed towards him, "My name is [f/n]."

"I know." You watched as he reached into his pocket. "I realize you have something to be ashamed of," he held out black gloves for you to take.

You stared at them, then looked up at him. He looked bored as he held them out for you. "Th-thank you." You said, but it sound more like a question. You took the gloves from his hand.

He turned away from you, "Sebastian, I'll be in my study." He ascended the stairs, not giving you a second glance.

You gripped the gloves tightly in your hands, staring at the scaring that covered them. You usually approach your targets and engage in close combat, meaning lots of violent physical confrontations. From these fights, your hands tend to get deep cuts, which scar. The few scars on your body you don't mind, they don't ever show when you're dressed. It's only the hands that you are ashamed of. Each scar represented a life that you took, and how hard that life fought to live. You slipped the gloves on, a perfect fit.

"The Young Master may seem cold at times, and though he never admits of being ashamed of anything, he knows what its like to want to cover up past scars." Sebastian spoke as you looked down at the gloves. "Now off to work."

You looked up and found the black butler no where in sight. You jumped at the sudden sound of an explosion. Then calmed yourself and walked towards it.

"What did I say about using a blowtorch to cook with?" You heard Sebastian's voice as you walked in the hallway which was covered in soot.

"It helps cook the food faster." You heard Bard say.

You heard a sigh come from Sebastian, "Must I tell you this every day? Cooking is an art, you don't rush a master piece." He paused, then he continued. "Clean this mess up, [f/n]," you jumped when he said your name, how did he know you were out here, "please help him." Sebastian walked out of the black room and looked at you, then he walked away.

You walked into the black room, "How can I help?" You didn't have much experience with a broom or any sort of cleaning tools, but hand you a gun, sword, or knife, you could take out an entire castle guard.

"You can brush up the broken plate pieces," Bard pointed to the dust pan.

Moments of silence past as you swept up shards of china.

"No offense, but if you aren't a good cook, then why do you have this job?" You asked casually.

"The same reason why you have this job, to protect the estate."

You were confused, you thought you had this job to be a maid. No one told you that you'd be protecting anything.
<::::::::::::{===O O===}::::::::::::>
I know that there isn't only four servants on the Estate. I am not forgetting Tanaka, who could forget him.

Hope you liked the chapter, please vote and comment.

Thank you for reading!

WTF Black Butler Moment:
Alois' first appearance. Not gonna lie, I thought he was female. Freaked out over the fact that a man was dressing 'her'.