}{ Chapter Nine }{

"Oh how lovely you look!" Mey-Rin screech and covered her cheeks with her hands.

"Thank you." You looked in the mirror, you [h/c] hair was put up. A silver clip covered in clear jewels held your hair in place. There were two curled pieces of hair falling down the sides of your face. The necklace laid on your chest and the earrings shimmered in certain light. You of course still had on your boots, but no one needed to know that.

"Miss [f/n], the carriage is waiting for you." Sebastian stood outside the doorframe.

"Yes of course, but please excuse me for a moment. I have to do something, I'll meet you outside."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow then nodded and left.

"What must you do?" Mey-Rin asked.

"I have to check up on the guest. What kind of servant would I be if I didn't check on his well being?" You smiled and left, then made your way to Jasper's room. You knocked on the door before entering.

Jasper turned around to look at you. He was standing in front of the window, staring out of it. "Why [f/n], you look lovely."

"You seem better." You said, your dress brushing against the floor as you walked closer.

"You look like a noble." Jasper took your hand, "For what occasion are you dressed up for?"

"A ball. I'm going to be kidnapped in a few hours."

"That's certainly an interesting itinerary." Jasper pulled you closer to him, his breath hitting you neck as he spoke into your ear. "But when are we going to complete my plans?"

You pushed away from him. "Whenever I feel like it." You turned around and left the room. You quickly walked down the halls to the main entrance. Sebastian was waiting there for you, he opened the door as you rushed out the mansion. He suddenly appeared next to the carriage and opened the door. He held out a hand and helped you in. You sat down across from Ciel. He wore a black dress coat, pants of the same color, and a black vest. He held a black walking stick in his hand. On the end of the stick, his hand wrapped around a golden handle.

"When do you think they'll take me?" You asked.

"Before dinner, that way they can end the party quickly. Wander off before dinner starts, it should give them time to grab you." He didn't look at you, his eye stared out of the window.

You watched him. He seem too old for his body. He was a child, but he acted like an adult. You shouldn't be talking though, you too were a child that acted like an adult. How sad, you thought to yourself.

"We've arrived." The carriage stopped and Sebastian's face appeared as the door opened. He held his hand out for you as you stepped out. Ciel came out after you and offered you his arm. You took it.

You followed him up the stairs to the main entrance. Two men greeted you with smiles and opened the doors. You walked in.

"Come with me." Ciel whispered into your ear. You nodded and followed him into a hallway. "Sebastian will be posing as a waiter, if you need anything call him over. After you're kidnapped, we'll find you as soon as possible." Once again you nodded your head. "Come now, we must make ourselves noticeable."

You followed Ciel out on to the dance floor. Men and women danced around you. Ciel took your hand and placed his other hand on your back. He pulled you close, you looked into his blue eye. You placed your hand on his shoulder. "And the dance begins." You whispered under your breath.

You both flew around the dance floor in sync. Just like Sebastian had said, you weren't two separate pieces, but one beautiful masterpiece. You stared into his eye the entire time, the world around you became obsolete. It was like both of you were dancing to the same song, but you were the only people who could hear it. The others were dancing to another tune, unable to feel what you both were feeling.