Chapter 2

Both dominants walked through the left door and into, what looked to be, a computer lab. The room, itself, was massive. White walls with gold edgework and air-conditioned. It was well capable of fitting over two hundred people. In neat rows, there were about fifty wireless computer monitors on pristine, silver desks. They were all, at least, four feet away from each other. It was arranged this way, most likely to give everyone privacy.

Standing in the center of the room, on an elevated platform, was another dominant. Female, this time.

"Hello, my name is Lauren Jaregui. Title: Dominant," she introduced herself, cherry red lips morphed in a proud smirk. "Today - Friday, December, 3, 3021 - you will be taking the most important test of your life. The Dominant/Submissive Trial Test will determine who your perfect submissive is and you will be matched. As explained by Dominant Payne, your scores are unique to you and your future submissive. So, I implore all of you to take this test seriously."

The room tensed at her hostile tone on the last word but no one made a move to retaliate. Calum and Ashton both kept their gazes cool as the female dominant tossed each of them a sickly sweet smile. Jaregui gave the young dominants a moment to let her words sink in before nodding in approval.

"Now, let's get started. Pick a computer. No fighting," she snapped quickly.

It took a few minutes, but every dominant eventually found themselves staring at a computer screen that had a simple black square in the middle. There was no fighting but a few dominants did get testy with one another.

Ashton and Calum both found computers that were right across from each other, briefly exchanging cocky grins.

"Place your right hand on the black square," Jaregui instructed. "It will scan your fingerprints and your personal information will show up on the screen. After that, you will take three different tests. You will answer every question to the best of your ability. Many of them will be yes or no questions, some will be multiple choice. These tests will evaluate your personality, preferences and maintenance levels to give us the best estimate of what kind of dominant you are and what kind of submissive will be best suited to your wants and needs."

Jaregui continued on about what kinds of questions the young dominants would need to answer and about the no-tolerance 'cheating' rule. Calum wanted to roll his eyes. This was one thing that every dominant knew to take seriously and cheating was a level of low that no self-respecting dominant would choose to stoop to. Cheating was a sign of weakness and dependency. You needed someone else to succeed when you cheated. That was not the style of a dominant.

The dark-haired boy caught his best friend staring at him, trying to catch his attention with his eyes. For a second, Ashton looked worried but that look vanished as soon as it appeared. Calum gave him a small, reassuring smile and the wavy-haired boy relaxed, face straightening into the practiced, blank stare of a natural-born dominant.

"You may begin," Jaregui instructed, turning and walking off of the platform.

Her long dark hair flipped behind her as she swirled and all the dominants tensed at the sign of dismissal. Dominants hated those types of actions. Damn, this woman was cocky.

Instead of getting angry, however, the young men and women in the room took in various levels of air into their lungs to calm down and face their monitors. Calum and Ashton both exchanged lighthearted smirks as if to say 'good luck' before they each placed their palms on the screen and watching their information pop up before them.

Name: Calum Thomas Hood.

Title: Dominant.

Security #: 828-45-6901