Chapter 34

Note: Oh, look. An update! Obviously, Dominion wasn't finished by November. Whoops. Looking at end of December! Apologies, I've been working on other projects and it's finals week so kill me. I'm working on a story that I will be posting here on Wattpad sometime in January/February. Hopefully, that piece do well in terms of reads, since I plan on it being an original novel with original characters. We shall see. Anyways, here's an update! Enjoy!

Calum and Ashton stared at each other as they got into the traditional challenge position, adrenaline pumping in their veins

It had been some time since either man had encountered a challenge. Both dominants stood in front of each other with each of their hands gripping a shoulder and a bicep of their opponent. Neither man broke eye contact. Michael watched with anxiety as both dominants tightened their holds on each other.

"Remember the objective?" Calum asked as they locked arms.

Ashton rolled his eyes but replied anyway. The dark-haired man twitched at the eye-roll.

"First one to fully pin the other to the ground, two out of three times, wins. The opponent must be pinned for a total of three seconds or it doesn't count. No striking. No kicking. No biting."

"Safeword?"

"Red," Ashton answered. "Only to be used when one is hurt beyond continuation."

Calum finally smirked and nodded in confirmation.

"May the best dominant win! Begin!"

Once the word was uttered, both dominants tightened their hold and started to thrash against each other in what could only be described as primal instinct.

Calum's building was slightly bigger than Ashton's, so his reliance was on his strength. Thought Ashton was a bit thinner, he was faster and oddly calculating. The dark-haired dominant pushed against him, hands tightening as he pulled the wavy-haired dominant in the direction of the ground.

Ashton acted quickly and ducked out of the other dominant's grip.

Before Calum could process what was happening, Ashton had his arms wrapped around the other dominant's waist. Ashton stepped back and tried to fling Calum to the ground but the dark-haired man quickly recovered and managed to twist his body out of Ashton's grip. Once free, Calum did a running charge and tackled Ashton, lifting him by the waist before pinning him by his shoulders and counting to three.

He grinned triumphantly.

"One point," he breathed out heavily.

They both got to their feet, covered in flecks of grass.

"Again," Ashton growled out, getting back into the original challenge position.