Chapter 21

Note: Oh, look. I'm alive.

Happy belated Calum day. Happy belated Aussie day. I have 45 pages to read for my literature class.

Prepare your feelings.

Extra Note: I accidentally named this chapter 22...whoops.

>>>

"Doesn't look like anything too serious."

Ashton and Calum both stared at the light-haired doctor before letting out a little sigh of relief.

Michael stood beside Ashton, clinging slightly to the taller man. He, too, wore an expression of relief at Dr. Horan's words. Not wanting to stress the younger boy out by taking him to a hospital, Ashton had called one of his good friends - and a certified physician - Niall Horan. The blonde was a bit small for a dominant but Michael could easily see the air of confidence that surrounded the light-haired man.

He smiled a lot and was gentle with Luke, careful not to make any rash movements that could come off as suspicious or threatening to the two dominants. The blonde in question was currently asleep in his bed, tired after taking the necessary tests.

"He's a bit dehydrated and it looks like he hasn't been eating as much as he should, judging my his glycerin and iron levels. His body seems to be a bit overworked and strained, which is never good. Plainly put, he's stressed out and he needs to rest, eat properly and take medicine. All these symptoms put together, it's not surprising that he's been emotional and a bit snappy," Dr. Horan commented, looking through some papers on the clipboard in his hands. "His hormones look a bit out of whack, so I'll just take his results back to the lab and run it through again. Just to be sure. But, I'm pretty sure that he isn't pregnant."

Both dominants' lips twitched at the word 'pregnant'.

It was a dominant's nature to want to impregnate their submissive. Both classes were born with a natural need to reproduce and, for a lot of dominants, it was almost shameful to not have gotten their submissive pregnant, at least, once. Some couples chose to wait until they were a bit older, though, so it really depended on the pairing.

Michael looked up at both of his dominants, reaching a hand out to each of them in reassurance. Almost like he was trying to assuage their obvious shame, letting them know that it was perfectly fine that Luke wasn't pregnant yet.

"While I'm here, would you like me to take a look at Michael, as well? Nothing too much like Luke, just drawing a bit of blood to run through the lab and make sure he's healthy," Dr. Horan inquired.

Ashton and Calum glanced at each other before both nodding.

"Is that okay, kitten?" Ashton asked the smaller boy, reaching down to brush a strand of hair behind his ear.

Michael nodded, a bit nervously.

"Yes, Daddy."

Dr. Horan smiled, pulling out a thin device about the size and length of a pencil but it was sleek and silver.

"This will just hurt a bit, alright?"

>>>

"No! Stop! Mikey, what the hell?!"

Michael froze in his place, his small hands filled with light purple bed sheets.

Luke was standing in the doorway, eyes wide with incredulity.

"I-I'm taking the sheets out to put them in the laundry," Michael replied, unsure of what exactly was making Luke upset.

The blonde frowned, stomping his foot.