Chapter 1

Emma's POV
_________________

I sat on a bench in the park, the cool autumn breeze sending chills all up and down my arms. I wrapped my coat tighter around my body, hoping that the thin sweater would warm me up. I was waiting for my mom to come pick me up from running practice, which had ended over an hour ago. She was normally late when she had to pick me up from stuff, but she had never been this late. Whatever. I grabbed my bag, taking out my phone. I began scrolling through my Instagram feed, randomly liking posts and all that shit. All of the sudden, I heard a loud honk. I snapped my head up to see my mom's car pulling up in the parking lot. I ran over to the car, swinging the door open. As I sat down and closed the door, the warmth of the vehicle hugged my body, causing me to shiver.

"What took you so long?" I asked, breathless

"Sorry sweetheart, the meeting that I was at ran late." she apologized

I sighed, I didn't know whether to believe her or not, she kind of has a tendency to lie to me quite often, making up random excuses.

"Oh." was all I managed to say

I buckled up and turned on some music, quietly humming to the songs for the rest of the car ride.

-

The smell of Kraft Dinner filled my nostrils as I entered the house. I made my way to the kitchen, dropping my bag in the doorway as I did so. My older brother, Jack, was standing by the stove, serving the food into little bowls.

"Hey Em, how was practice?" he asked as he placed forks into the bowls.

"Uh, it was alright I guess. You know, we basically just did sprints today." I replied, shrugging

He nodded and handed me my food, I muttered a quiet thanks as I made my way over to the table and ate my dinner.

After I finished eating, I put my bowl in the sink and went upstairs to my room to get cleaned up. I went over to the shower and turned on the water, waiting a couple of minutes as I let the water adjust to the right temperature. Once it was ready, I quickly stripped off my clothes and hopped in, washing my hair and body, leaving myself smelling like Japanese cherry blossoms.

Once I was done washing, I turned off the tap and stepped out of the shower, the cold air hitting my skin, sending goosebumps all over my body. I grabbed my towel off of the hanger on the door, and wrapped it around my body. I went back into my room and pulled out a pair of black lulu shorts and a baggy grey sweatshirt from my dresser, quickly changing into it.

I grabbed my laptop and plopped down on my bed, turning on Netflix. I decided to watch Pretty Little Liars, especially since there was a new season added. To me, this was the best way to spend a Sunday night, just relaxing in my bed and watching Netflix.

I finished watching a couple of episodes and closed my laptop. I looked over at my clock, 10:30 pm. I sighed, I better get to sleep now if I want to wake up early tomorrow for school. Hesitantly, I closed my eyes, not wanting the weekend to end.

{so that was the first chapter, sorry if it was a bit rushed. anyway, I hope you liked it!💕}