Chapter 3

Emma's POV
________________

*Bell rings*

I quickly pack up my things and head out of class, making my towards my locker. I was kind of hoping that I would find Ethan so I could walk home with him, but he wasn't there. I carefully placed my text books into a neat pile in my locker, and swung my bag over my shoulder, which was now incredibly light.

I walked down the long hallway that lead to the front doors, and that's when I saw him. I ran up to him to greet him.

"Hey Ethan!" I said cheerfully

He looked at me confused, and let out a small chuckle.

"I'm not Ethan, I'm Grayson." he said laughing

I felt my cheeks heat up as I blushed in embarrassment, there's two of them? Oh shit..twins.

"Oh um...sorry Grayson. It's just I-"

"You thought I was Ethan, I know." he laughed

"Yea.." I said awkwardly

I stood there in silence, just staring down at the floor. There's seriously gotta be a way to tell them apart, because I really don't want to make that mistake again..

"Well, I have to go find my brother, it was nice meeting you..." he started saying, but I finished the sentence for him, the look on his face explained it all.

"Emma." I told him

"Okay, well see you around, Emma!" he called as he jogged down the hallway.

I slowly spun on my heel, exiting the school. The cold wind hitting me in the face as I step onto the sidewalk, causing me to shiver. I take out my phone and decide to call Jack to come and pick me up since I didn't really feel like walking home in the cold weather.

Jack: hey Em, what's up?

Me: uh Jack, could you come and pick me up?

Jack: of course! I'll be there in a couple of minutes

Me: okay, see ya

Jack: bye

I hang up and stuff my phone back into my bag, shifting side to side as I wait for Jack's car to come into view. I sighed as I watched Ethan and Grayson walk out of the school and head home, without even glancing my way. I haven't even known them for a day, and they've already gotten me feeling some sort of way, especially Ethan.

Ethan's POV
________________

"So, have you met any girls yet?" Grayson asked me, smirking.

I could see it in his eyes that he knew I had, so why not just tell him? It's not a bad thing, meeting a girl on the first day.

"Ohhh yeaaaa..!" I exclaimed as I threw my hands up behind my head, trying to act all cool and stuff.

He laughed at me and nudged me in the side. I couldn't stop thinking about her, she's just so beautiful. Every time I see her, I just wanna kiss those perfect lips of hers...they must be so soft and she looks like a great kisser an- Whoa, Ethan control yourself! You can't be thinking about her in this way, you haven't even known her for a day! Snap out of it! I mentally slapped myself, trying to veer my mind off of her.

"Bro?" Grayson said, waving his hand and snapping his fingers in front of my face, trying to get attention.

"Oh, uh yea..?" I asked, blushing in embarrassment.

He sighed and gave me a look, the bitch-pay-attention-or-imma-slap-you look to be exact.

"Emma, that's her name." he said, slightly annoyed with me.

I was surprised, how does he know her name? Have they met already and I just didn't know it? I raised my eyebrow at him and he looked at me and smirked.

"H-how do you know her?" I asked him

"Ya know, just bumped into her today..she thought I was you and all that." he said cracking up

I had to admit it, it was a bit funny hearing that she mistook Grayson as myself. I joined in with Grayson and the two of us laughed and joked around for the rest of the walk home.

Emma's POV
_________________

I ran upstairs to my room and dropped my bag right next to my bed, forgetting about supper and just going straight to the bathroom. I really needed to just relax and forget about all of my worries, so I decided to take a bath. I turn on the warm water letting it fill up, also throwing in some bubble bath in there, you know, just to make it a bit more relaxing. I took off my clothes, placing them on the counter. I stepped into the tub, the warm water giving me goosebumps. I sat down and let myself slide into the water, completely forgetting about everything else in the world and just focusing on myself.

-

I sat on my bed, looking at a bunch of pictures on Tumblr. Downstairs, I could hear the mini conversation that Jack and my mother were having as they were cleaning up. Quietly, I crept out of my room and went to the edge of the staircase, just so I could what they were talking about. Yea I know, I'm a nosey bitch.

"I just..I feel like she doesn't trust me anymore." my mom said sadly

"Well, maybe you should just stop lying to her all of the time and tell her the truth." Jack's voice echoed through the kitchen.

"But I don't want to hurt her.." she said

What are they talking about? Are they talking about me..?

"Well, sometimes the truth can hurt, but being lied to hurts more." Jack told her

All of the sudden, I had to be the noisy as bitch I was, and i sneezed. Fuck. Immediately their conversation stopped and I could hear the sound of footsteps nearing the staircase. I ran back to my room and closed the door quietly, then jumped back onto my bed and put my headphones in. Hopefully they don't come up here and check on me.. cause then I know I'll probably get myself into trouble.

{I never know what to write at the end of a chapter lol}